Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 PM

awww =( Sorry to hear that you are being pressed right now. I am glad you liked your block though!
I have always wanted to visit Canada and since we moved from Fl to NV I feel like it might just happen one day.
Originally Posted by BarbS
Yes....I sure did.....loved your choice of fabrics to compliment the one I sent you and your work is wonderful......I think I sent you a note when I returned your block.....at least I hope I did.....but you never know.....I been a little STRESSED at work since I returned .....or maybe the correct word is OVERWHELMED.... :(

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
THANK YOU!!!! Did you like the block I sent to you?
Originally Posted by BarbS
Kysmommy.....your block went in the mail this morning.

Barb
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM

I too LOVE that the interpretations can be very different. That is actually one of my very favorite things about the boomerang swap!
Originally Posted by sew cornie
KBunn, those are really pretty blocks. It's so interesting to see how everyone interprets the fabric, some in similar ways, some very uniquely.

Mosher, your growing collection is stunning! My jaw was on the floor . . . I'm envious you get to enjoy seeing those every day. LOL. Just makes me even more excited with anticipation of 2.0!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by ReRe
I love to see all the lovely blocks and can't wait to see the ones that come my way when 2.0 starts. I am already excited about 3.0 and 2.0 hasn't started yet. I know the exact material to go get as well. All I have to do is figure out how much material 36 F8s is and how to cut a F8. Anyone tell me?
I think when I asked this question in a pm I was told 6yds??
Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 AM

ispy
i have sent out all my blocks,my name was not on your list as recieving one from me ,let me know,if i need to make another block and did all of your material match?

thanks,jan10
Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 AM

Star I would say yes, I bought 4 and washed, dried, used heavy starch, cut and got 24 fat 1/8's need to head back to the store for another 2 yards.

Star your question was to pop in here but I hit the wrong button
. hahahaha
Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

Yesterday I got colletakay's, kysmommy2, and
OdessaQuilts' blocks done. At this rate I'm gonna make it. YEAH!

Some of the fabrics have been pulling me in two opposite directions, and I tend to listen to them.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Well I had picked out a bear themed fabric grouping for round 2 but now in looking i have found these two I love....any input??
Hugs
April
April, did you find those @ fabric.com? I know I've seen at least one of them there! And I don't care which one you use -- I'll work with anything! Love them both.

Haven't been here in a while ... too many projects and DD's musical last week, so trying to get caught up and back on track. Just checking in today ... more blocks to go out early next week!

Odessa
Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
ok ladies I am planning on doing 2.0 and have 2 fabrics washed and waiting to be cut but I have aquestion for all of you.How did you choose your fabric?? I wanted to pick a fabric that I really loved but then when looking at all the blocks depending on what the other person adds to them they may not read as "my choice fabric" I am not saying they look bad because I LOVE what I am seeing. I chose 2 fabrics from my stash that I liked, had enough yardage, and would not know how I would use otherwise.

what do you think??
Star, I wondered, too, about what to send this time around. But I am thrilled with what has come back, so you should really not have to worry about your blocks "not reading as my choice fabric"[sic]. The fact that you have a common fabric will tie it all in together.

Also, when all else fails, you can use sashing.

I have selected my fabric for 2.0 also, and it is another paisley, but this time not nearly as "eye-catching" as the wild blue/orange/pink/purple/lime concoction I sent to most. The other 3 I sent out (kept the last for myself) will be made into a WH for my living room. I haven't seen any of those come back yet, but have not picked up today's mail.

This has been a thrilling exchange, and those of you who have committed to 2.0 for the first time around, you're gonna love it, too!

Odessa
Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ReRe
I love to see all the lovely blocks and can't wait to see the ones that come my way when 2.0 starts. I am already excited about 3.0 and 2.0 hasn't started yet. I know the exact material to go get as well. All I have to do is figure out how much material 36 F8s is and how to cut a F8. Anyone tell me?
Well, you can get 8 F8's from a yard, so 4 yards should yield 32 F8's.

As for cutting, I would take a yard of fabric, cut lenthwise down the middle (the fold), then cut 1/4 yd pieces just as if you were cutting at the fabric store. (Or cut the 1/4 yd pieces first, then stack together and cut the fold -- whichever works for you).

Does this help?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

I chose two different fabrics and some of the returns make me say "I would have never thought to put those colors together" and yet, they all work. So far I have loved every one of the Boomerangs that came home.

I have made some where the fabric told me explicitly what it wanted to be paired with and the combination left me scratching my head. Sometimes I said: "REALLY? I mean REALLY?" and I went through my stash again to see if there was a different match. But, those fabrics were firm in their decision.

This has been such a fun exchange.