Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know the stash might be too large when... >

You know the stash might be too large when...

You know the stash might be too large when...

Old 03-25-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Gramof6 ... I'm with you! I pretty much KNOW where a particular fabric is too! I have a large home (4 BR, LR, DR, kitchen, 2 baths, family room). There is NO room left untouched by fabric or books. One of the bathrooms is under renovation, so the unusable sink has become a shelf for quilt books! :-) Thankfully, the kids are grown and gone or they'd be sharing their space with my addiction. :-)
I'm with you! I too have a large house, 4bdrms, 2bth, 2 kitchens, 2 livingrms, 2 dining rms, full bsmt, full attic. The upstairs is my sewing room. When guests come they have to sleep among my fabric and I make no excuses. The upstairs living room is where my quilting frame is set up and it's off limits to everyone but me. The dining room is set up like a living room with fabric as are the two bedrooms. Dressers, closets, they're all full of fabric. Going upstairs is like walking into a fabric store. The downstairs doesn't have fabric since I have to share it with DH and DD. LOL
Alfreda, I want to come visit!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

Wow! I don't feel so bad after reading all these posts. We live in a 5 BR house with a full basement. One of the bedroons is my sewing room, one is a guest room/yarn/craft/quilt room, my quilting machine takes up most of the den area, and my storage room is full of fabric and batting. In case of a fire, what in the world would I grab first???
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal
Wow! I don't feel so bad after reading all these posts. We live in a 5 BR house with a full basement. One of the bedroons is my sewing room, one is a guest room/yarn/craft/quilt room, my quilting machine takes up most of the den area, and my storage room is full of fabric and batting. In case of a fire, what in the world would I grab first???
Cats
Old 03-25-2010, 01:57 PM

(If you have an extra closet you can alway buy some of those 5-in-one hangers that one end unhooks and hang a LOT of fabric in a closet. Extra dresser drawers, pizza boxes under the couch or chairs(if if they have a skirt), a small shelf under your husbands shirts in the closet, replace end tables with the kind that have storage space to the floor, pick up some of those decorative stacking boxes--no sense in them sitting empty. )

Those are all very good ideas. I will have to think on what will work for us. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal
Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Gramof6 ... I'm with you! I pretty much KNOW where a particular fabric is too! I have a large home (4 BR, LR, DR, kitchen, 2 baths, family room). There is NO room left untouched by fabric or books. One of the bathrooms is under renovation, so the unusable sink has become a shelf for quilt books! :-) Thankfully, the kids are grown and gone or they'd be sharing their space with my addiction. :-)
I'm with you! I too have a large house, 4bdrms, 2bth, 2 kitchens, 2 livingrms, 2 dining rms, full bsmt, full attic. The upstairs is my sewing room. When guests come they have to sleep among my fabric and I make no excuses. The upstairs living room is where my quilting frame is set up and it's off limits to everyone but me. The dining room is set up like a living room with fabric as are the two bedrooms. Dressers, closets, they're all full of fabric. Going upstairs is like walking into a fabric store. The downstairs doesn't have fabric since I have to share it with DH and DD. LOL
Alfreda, I want to come visit!!!
Yeah, I had a friend that thought she was going to move in with me if anything ever happened to her husband because she was also a quilter. The only problem was that she never worked and had no income. I told her I couldn't support my habits and her's too. But if you're ever in the area and want to visit. . . .
Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 PM

Enabler!!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by boxermom
I haven't seen one of those caterpiller things for about 45 years. Maybe an estate sale would be a good place to look. As for so much fabric, we live in a small home, about 1,000 square feet, so I only keep scraps and fabric for a current project. I also Xstitch, and am getting started in making dolls, so my rolling storage box is full. Now I can't go shopping for awhile. :-(
Theresa
Those flat under-the-bed storage bins are great for small areas. If you have an extra closet you can alway buy some of those 5-in-one hangers that one end unhooks and hang a LOT of fabric in a closet. Extra dresser drawers, pizza boxes under the couch or chairs(if if they have a skirt), a small shelf under your husbands shirts in the closet, replace end tables with the kind that have storage space to the floor, pick up some of those decorative stacking boxes--no sense in them sitting empty. . . .There's just all kinds of storage space even in a small home. Get creative then go shopping.
Enabler!! (Sorry, I forgot to add the quote before!)
Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 PM

Those flat under-the-bed storage bins are great for small areas. If you have an extra closet you can alway buy some of those 5-in-one hangers that one end unhooks and hang a LOT of fabric in a closet. small home. Get creative then go shopping.[/quote]

Enabler!! (Sorry, I forgot to add the quote before!)[/quote]

Oh, but that's what I need! :wink:
Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM

Sorry, I see that was meant for someone else, but it fits me too. :roll:
Old 03-25-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
When you find a pretty material you "just can't live without" , only to get home and find you already had 3 yards of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is my trick too!! I guess it means i REALLY liked it!
YTQ