"Weigh In"

Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by trupeach1
So now I am back there were computer issues i wasn't getting e-mail updates so I am now longer

trupeach...........i am ...........trupeach1
Welcome back Trupeach1.

I just found the site and didn't realize how long it had been since I checked in. There are 80 pages! I like to read them all, but I don't have time today.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

For me, I have made some serious changes, like not eating salty snacks, cut w a y down on sugar (I saw a Skybar in a store the other day and had not seen one since I was a kid, so I bought it, but I ate one square or less at a time and the bar lasted about a week. It wasn't as good as I remember either.) I am still working on the WW points system but have had a bad couple weeks, but after reading the list, I have a pretty good idea what to eat that is still low in points. I have also been more consistent with my vitamins. The exercise thing - I really want to use my elliptical or walk outside when it's nice, or something, but my poor old body hurts so badly already, I'm having trouble getting motivated. I know I will feel better after the extra pain, so I am still trying to work that in. I think of all sorts of things I could make into a tasty soup with little to no points, but it never gets past the thought, as I get sidetracked and then forget what I was going to do.

Keep up the good work, everyone. I'm still going to weigh in on the 31st. I am thankful for the possibility of new beginnings.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
I went away for a few days too; the result: up .6 pounds. I was actually really well behaved. I know exactly how you feel Jan, it goes on SO easy, and comes off so slowly and painfully.
I so agree. I can gain 5 lbs in 3 days. My husband says that is not possible. So speaketh the one who never had a weight problem):
Yes, and whose idea of a joke was that??!! The other part of the joke is that men lose faster than women.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Oh thank goodness! I weighed in today and had only gained 1 lb. Whew. So now I hope to lose 2 lbs this week and then I will feel much better. I thought for sure I would be up higher than that. Now to get moving this week. This morning I went out to pick lettuce. Then noticed that the peas needed watering, so went in that pen, checked the lettuce in there, it was one big glob. I bought a pot of it at Lowe's. Well, I figured I might as well divide the plants, ended up with a whole row, must be a dozen different plants in it! So I will have plenty of red, and green lettuce to eat. Also divided a glob of Swiss chard, had 3 plants in that one. So what I am saying is that I did end up getting some garden exercise today!
I vote a big YES! :thumbup: You go, girl.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Trying to lose weight but having a lot of birthday parties this month and next. Someone laughed at me and my diets they said the only ones who lose weight are the ones who don't have a life, The more I think about it the more he may be right! I've gone to three bithday parties two church dinners and a few get togethers at work how can I say no to all the goodies??? I really need help on my will power!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Oh, yes he can lose 10 lbs in a week by just cutting down and he NEVER had to even watch his weight at all until he turned 50.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Oh, yes he can lose 10 lbs in a week by just cutting down and he NEVER had to even watch his weight at all until he turned 50.
Is there any justice in this life?

:roll:
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnn
Trying to lose weight but having a lot of birthday parties this month and next. Someone laughed at me and my diets they said the only ones who lose weight are the ones who don't have a life, The more I think about it the more he may be right! I've gone to three bithday parties two church dinners and a few get togethers at work how can I say no to all the goodies??? I really need help on my will power!
MaryAnn: Having so many birthdays and dinners so close together can be a very big challenge. We have 3 children, a grand daughter and my Mom all born in March. We always celebrate with dinner followed by cake and ice cream. My secret is that I have a small piece of cake and a very little bit of ice cream. Sometimes, I pretend to eat a piece of cake, but mostly I just knock off the frosting and nibble on the cake. No one notices since I put my napkin over it quickly and stand up and put it in the trash. I have given myself permission to not eat all of the cake and ice cream. And I try really hard to make healthier choices when eating meals out. I think my most helpful trick is to eat something before I go to any party or dinner. I am usually pretty full when I arrive. Then I can have a little of anything there, but I am not starving. It helps. I make the comittment to myself to stay within my points. I don't always like it, but I really want to take off the extra weight. And even if I do go over my daily points, I always count them no matter how high they go. So it is like a reality check. And as I have heard in many Weight Watcher meetings:

Nothing tastes as good as taking off weight makes me feel.

And by the way, I have been taking off my excess weight and I have a very full life, so I'd have to disagree with your friend who wants you to keep the status quo. Good luck to you with your parties, and please feel free to stop back and let us know how you are doing.
Linda
Old 03-28-2010, 06:47 PM

For what it is worth, I have lost another pound. Hard fought battle... I wish it were easier, but it is not. So I celebrate the little victories.

If we continue to log small victories, eventually the big battle will be won!

Here's to a healthier lifestyle for us all!!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM

I try not to think about dieting. Just am trying to eat healthier. Getting rid of the soda which I love has been difficult but am still keeping it in check. Make sure to add nuts, flax seeds and wheat germ to cereal as well as fruit. Putting dinner on a salad plate to control amount of food. It really does work. Eating more fruit and snacking on veggies. Finally starting to feel like these things are normal and "NOT DIETING". Only lost a couple of pounds, but then it's not a race and change is slow.

Today my son wanted to go to Der Weinersnitzel for a chili dog. I chose a turkey weiner and kraut, no fries, raspberry ice tea (no soda) and ate slow. I wasn't even jealous of the guys and their fries and soda. YAY!