Hi from MI

Old 03-30-2010, 12:17 PM

Welcome, sure see a lot of Michigan quilters on here. Anyone from the Cadillac or Manistee area? It is a nice area and quilt shops in both places. Thanks everyone for all the great help I get to read and learn.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:46 PM

Hi, I too am from Mich. Southeast area... about 35 miles north of Detroit. I have been trying to find some local quilt shops but finding most of them in my area closed (our of business) - we do have the one in Canterbuy Village right around the corner from me and of course there is JoAnn Fabrics. I prefer the material from the quilt shop but can't always afford to shop there so sometimes, JoAnn's has to do. I have been quilting about 10 yrs or so but have sewn pracitcally all my life. I used to make my daughter's dresses when they were little, now I just make them quilts... ha ha I enjoy giving my quilts to family and friends and also have sold some. I very much enoy reading the posts and also seeing everyone's photos. When I figure out how to post photos, will put some of my things on here. Looking forward to continuing our "friendship"
Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 PM

Hi fellow Michigander! Did you know there is a quilt shop in Marine city? It's called Quilting Dreams, and the owner (Jodi) teaches our senior group in Port Huron. She has a real nice shop, even tho, like you I can't always afford to buy there. It's on the main street facing the river. She has a web site, too. Can't tell you what it is tho. It's too easy to lose time on this quilting board for me. Do you have that problem? Jan
Old 03-30-2010, 02:17 PM

Jan, Unfortunately Marine City is over an hour's drive from my house.... so unless I am out that way, I won't be going there anytime soon. We did have several within 20 miles of my house but I guess with the laggin economy, they just couldn't stay afloat.
Yes, it is easy to get sidetracked on this sight.... so many pretty things to looks at and such interesting conversations!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Hello and welcome to the board from Ann Arbor.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM

Thank you, nice to hear from another Michigander.. Must be lots of quilters that enjoy this board, right here in the mit.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned

Hi and welcome from Oregon. that is a beautiful wall hanging. Penny
Old 03-30-2010, 05:54 PM

Welcome from another Michigander. I live in Richland, between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek and my daughter (who is just starting to quilt) lives in Kentwood. Your applique is incredable!! There's also a great shop hop in the fall which covers Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Marshall, Charlott, East LeRoy and one other town, which I can't remember right now.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ma.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Hello and welcome from Maryland!