Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When to cut your losses? >

When to cut your losses?

When to cut your losses?

Old 03-31-2010, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by lnordyke
Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Oh I am in suspense now. Really as everyone else says, I bet it is not that bad. Just remember one person's trash is another person's treasure. Many people sleep each night with nothing and would love to have it, if you decided to go the donation way. Just don't trash it, i am sure one of the suggestions made before will be better than the trash!

Sheila
OK. Get ready. Here it is..........
NOt real fond of the borders, but middle is wonderful. You are being too hard on yourself. Try different borders and see if you don't like it better.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:53 AM

Wow! This is a great quilt! I agree with everyone, make a darker border if you do any change at all. But don't beat on yourself too much, this is a VERY nice quilt.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:05 AM

OMG it is beautiful. I would take the flower border off and pick a color already in the quilt. The pattern really pops for me. Just Lovely! Great job.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I know you have had a lot of suggestions....here's mine. From the picture what stands out to me is the large amount of white. I think I would be tempted to tea dye the quilt to tone down the white. I agree the border isn't doing anything for the quilt. I really like the basic quilt!! The large design is quite striking! I don't understand why your dd's thought it was so funny. I would definitely finish it. The quilting can make all the difference!! Don't give up on it!!! :)

Ditter
that is JUST what I thought!!! I will keep reading to see what happens!!!

:-P
Old 03-31-2010, 06:31 AM

I think you need a solid boarder and one of the colors that is in the ouilt. I would lay out colors around it and see what looks good with it.

Cookie
Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 AM

Go to the store and buy some new glasses cause this is beautiful. I really love it.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:03 AM

If you have any desire to learn to quilt your own quilts, then this one would be a good "learner's quilt" because if you hate it that much, there's nothing you can do to make it worse. <ggg>

If you REALLY hate it THAT much, and can't stand to even attempt to quilt it, or tie it, do you have a local quilter's guild?

I belong to a quilt guild that has what we call an "SOS" group (Sharing Our Skills) that make quilts and machine quilt them, or tie them, and take them to homeless shelters. We also make smaller quilts and give them to the police and firemen to use when they rescue people out of homes/burning buildings and need something to keep people warm.

If you don't have a quilting guild, or can't find a group of women who make quilts for the homeless, if you want to send it to me, I will gladly finish it and donate it to our SOS group. We are always looking for quilt tops to finish, as we donate to about a dozen homeless women's shelters, and shelters that house entire families.

Brenda - [email protected]
(Email me directly, if you want to send it to me, and I'll give you my mailing address.)

Our homeless people would LOVE it.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:37 PM

Gosh, I am not that experienced, but I see a work of art, only the borders could be different, a solid color maybe in say a brown or teal.. but definitely not one to toss out! enjoy and know that you put many hours into it and learned much.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lnordyke
Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Oh I am in suspense now. Really as everyone else says, I bet it is not that bad. Just remember one person's trash is another person's treasure. Many people sleep each night with nothing and would love to have it, if you decided to go the donation way. Just don't trash it, i am sure one of the suggestions made before will be better than the trash!

Sheila
OK. Get ready. Here it is..........
that is a beautiful quilt, I love everything about it but the boarder. thank you for sharing. Penny
Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 PM

I think it is great...I am not fond of the floral borders...
Take those off...
This is a great quilt to back with fleece and it will become a great couch quilt....
You just wait an see...
Kirsten