Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric.com has lost a customer >

Fabric.com has lost a customer

Fabric.com has lost a customer

Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

gosh, i guess i been lucky. I got some gorgeous fabrics.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 PM

It hadn't occurred to me to complain, but the only order I placed with them was a mess. I ordered some collegiate fleece. It arrived without wrapping or folding, just dumped into a box. I also ordered some placemat fabrics. They were all crumbled up with the fleece and I had a terrible time to iron them. No wrapping or folding. The third piece was backordered. All were supposed to be a Christmas present. I never received the third part after six weeks. When I called and asked where it was, I was told: "Don't worry about it, we didn't charge your card." Whoopee! I lost out on that item for Christmas. They did not have the courtesy to send me an email, call me or whatever. But at that time I made up my mind never to order from them again. Now I just dump their weekly ads and email promotions. They had one chance and lost it.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM

I know what you mean...my stuff was "thrown" in the box,hardly folded,and alot looked like it was cut with a chainsaw! These are some of the things I told ths service manager. I'm sure this order will be ok because I'm sure they don't want to piss me off again! After hearing again,from all of you,I may never order from them again...there are so many other places out there that I know are good. Sorry you had so much trouble,I do understand. :thumbup: I guess we're all better off from our experierences,having learned the hard way.
Respectfully,
Gail :lol:
Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

They do seem to be getting mixed reviews.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:48 PM

It does sound confusing, one gives good reviews and others bad! I suppose one has to make the choice to try them and see. I do believe that all mail ordering (e-mail or otherwise) can have problems, the thing is getting them resolved in a professional manner.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Wow-six of one half dozen the other way. Darned if you do darned if you don't. Order not order! Geesh, too many variables for me and inconsistancies.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Only wanted to say I have worked with fabric.com for more than 5 years and they are the first place I look when I have shopping to do...the color is not true on computer screens and occasionally, it has not been exactly what I thought I was getting. It has never been so off that I didn't just fold it into my stash and wait for the right opportunity for it. That said, everything has always been great quality and certainly good bargains...I always check their 'Clearance' and sale areas first, there are so many things to choose from that I rarely have to pay full price. It sounds as though you had a bad experience as we all have from time to time. If it was your first experience with this company, I can understand why you might consider taking your business elsewhere. But, if I had a bad experience tomorrow, I would certainly call or write to try to fix the problem, they are well worth the effort in the long run.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:20 PM

Well,I rcvd my last order today,and,it seemed alot better,BUT,there was still a problem. You would think with all I've been thru and talking to the service manager,we would have straighted this out,anyway,I only ordered 15 different styles of cotton fabric,most of it Kaffee Fassett,and they still had the order wrong. Sent one piece,which was at least 1 1/2 yds. of some blue fleece! Not even close to what I ordered! Mind you,I had also ordered this same fabric and style in two other colors...hmm...wouldn't you think you notice the difference in the fabric? So,I've ordered from them twice,and had problems now,twice. Doesn't sound good for them! Don't think I'll go back even though the service manager did email me back and say they were trying to fix all their problems. I think I'll wait a few years and then see how they're doing!
So if you've had good luck with them for 5 years,you must be the exception...I think I'll stick with Thousands of Bolts and Only One Nut....besides,they're only 1 1/2 hours away from where I live! And I've NEVER had any trouble at all with them!
Food for thought..... :thumbup:
Gail
Old 04-03-2010, 06:42 AM

Just got my order the other day, and everything looked great and was in order. Just as it's always been. I *did* actually get the tape measure out to make sure it was right....and it was. I hate that I even felt like I had to do it. :(