Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 January 2010 BOM pictures for January Sunflower Block. >

1 January 2010 BOM pictures for January Sunflower Block.

1 January 2010 BOM pictures for January Sunflower Block.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by mtnmama
Here is my version of the January Sunflower BOM
Your block is so pretty!!! I love the colour choice.. such a "happy" colour choice! Great job!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 PM

I LOVE everyone of these blocks, you ladies have created!! :D They are all absolutely gorgeous & I am so impressed with everyone for trying their hand at this block!! :D I hope you have all had fun, because I know that I have, for sure!! :D Lets keep the fun going, so by the end of the year we will all have a really neat quilt!! I am so excited!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 AM

:-) Ok here is my first ever BOM.. :shock: ....I am not sure if I picked the right colors here, I was to busy worrying about the points..lol....so please ya'll let me know what I did wrong and if my color choices are weak. I want to know and want your honest opinion!!! I want to learn :thumbup: I can redo this one real quick..I had a lot of practice taking it apart 20 times..lmao :lol:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-35253.jpe
Views:	94
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	35253  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Martina
:-) Ok here is my first ever BOM.. :shock: ....I am not sure if I picked the right colors here, I was to busy worrying about the points..lol....so please ya'll let me know what I did wrong and if my color choices are weak. I want to know and want your honest opinion!!! I want to learn :thumbup: I can redo this one real quick..I had a lot of practice taking it apart 20 times..lmao :lol:
I love your colour choices!! the Block looks great to me :thumbup:
I"m so glad you are trying the BOM ! Welcome !!! This is a great way to learn new techniques and see patterns in all different styles of material. It is amazing how the choice of fabric can totally change the way a block looks!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by aberi
I"m so glad you are trying the BOM ! Welcome !!! This is a great way to learn new techniques and see patterns in all different styles of material. It is amazing how the choice of fabric can totally change the way a block looks!
Thank you Aberi. I will do my best :D ...this is a lot of fun! So you think I can move on to Feb.?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by aberi
Thank you Aberi. I will do my best :D ...this is a lot of fun! So you think I can move on to Feb.?
Absolutely !!!.. by the way I just peeked at your feb block... it looks great and will go so well with this one!!! No you have to get the March block done and you will be caught up with us. .I love your fall colour choices!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 PM

Thank you Aberi. This was a real confidence boost what you gave me here :-)..I will move on to March :-)
Old 04-01-2010, 08:49 AM

All of the blocks are beautiful. Got mine finished, a little late. Forgot I had planned to do this, got busy with other things. I have my February ready to start sewing.

This is my January BOM.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-40382.jpe
Views:	92
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	40382  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM

very pretty, the star really pops.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Martina: Your block is absolutely beautiful. since you already know how to take it apart, now you have to practice sending it to me.