Had a car accident today

Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 PM

So glad you are ok. But take it easy. Watch for seat belt bruises, I had them across my lap in the accident we had, same thing, hit from behind sitting at a stop light.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:28 PM
bkb

Just go to the ER the insurance will pay . How is your neck? I was hit from behind several years ago and my neck started popping after the accident. seat belts are both good and bad..keeps you from going through the window but can break/ crack several bones. please go get checked better safe than sorry.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 AM

Pam, sorry to hear about your accident but thankfully you're not injured badly (keep an eye on the aches, hopefully they won't get worse) and it seems that they other person will be okay too. You may be moving slowly for a few days though. Scary!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:18 AM

I am so glad you are safe. That is why I like to drive my van as it is big and older. Please be sure to check out that headache. Take care of yourself!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:57 AM

Glad you're OK, but you should definitely have yourself checked out just to be sure.

Thank God for SUV's, we were on a 2 lane road, stopped waiting for someone three cars ahead to make a left turn, and we were rear ended by a kid going 55MPH on rainy day!! His car was totaled and our car had a dent in the bumper. Thank God we were there because the car in front of us was VW Beetle that would have been one squashed bug.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:16 AM

hi Pam I had an accident with a truck on Wednesday. Luckily my daughter and my two grandaughters are all fine. The medics checked us all at the scene and then we went to our private doctor. The car is a write off but we are all ALIVE. Such a blessing. Both my daughter and I have to wear a neck collar. My little girls are also fine as they are dancing and singing. My 6 year old still has a thick lip. Have to really thank God and all his angels for our lives.

Get better soon. We took "rescue" remedy tablets. for the shock. blessings coming your way... ciao
Old 04-02-2010, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

Just checking it to see how you are feeling today?
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Soft, gentle HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Keep us posted
Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident Pam. Hope you feel well and heal well soon. Do have you injury checked out! My step-daughter was rear ended in mid-November and is still having neck pain. She has been going to physical therapy but still with problems. And like another poster said don't sign off on the medical claim until you know your are completely fine. Her insurance keeps trying to get her to sign off that she is well, and she isn't. Take care!!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:32 AM

Apparently we've come to a "committee decision". :P

Seriously, please have a doctor check you over to make sure you don't have any hidden injuries. Take it easy for a couple of days, and don't be in any hurry for a settlement.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 AM

My stepmother has weakness in her hands from a neck injury when someone backed into her while she was parked in a parking lot. Don't shrug it off if you have any tingling or loss of feeling, no matter how sligt.