Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A fabric you absolutely love. >

A fabric you absolutely love.

A fabric you absolutely love.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:24 AM

I found one and bought five yards and may go get more. In Texas we pride ourselves in our beautiful wildflowers. I went in my favorite quilting store last week and found a beautiful fabric of bluebonnets, red Indian Paint brushes, yellow wild flower, pink all blended on a navy blue background. My friends and I bought so much Ms. Godfrey is ordering more. They had two quilts made up in it...I wish you could see it. I just came home and hung the material on my quilt rack so I could see it. What did I Pay? Welllllll I won't be shopping for awhile.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ricki
I found one and bought five yards and may go get more. In Texas we pride ourselves in our beautiful wildflowers. I went in my favorite quilting store last week and found a beautiful fabric of bluebonnets, red Indian Paint brushes, yellow wild flower, pink all blended on a navy blue background. My friends and I bought so much Ms. Godfrey is ordering more. They had two quilts made up in it...I wish you could see it. I just came home and hung the material on my quilt rack so I could see it. What did I Pay? Welllllll I won't be shopping for awhile.
Oh, we must see PICTURES of this -- it sounds gorgeous! :D
Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Banned

I have several old Japanese 14" wide that I'd never cut. I alternate hanging one on my bedroom wall.
Currently I have hanging a fabric that reminds me of a favorite Anni Albers painting from 1926, I'll never cut it either.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tigger5464
My favorite thing for decorating is english ivy and I searched for what seemed like forever before I found fabric like that. About a month ago (or so) I finally found some but have yet to find the pattern to use it with. I'm thinking that I need to go back and get either the rest of the bolt or whatever I can...I love the ivy fabrics. :D
Years ago I made a quilt for my son called Brick Walls (an old MaryEllen Hopkins design) with Ivy. I had beautiful English ivy fabric, which I appliqued on the top. At the time we lived in NYC in a brick house covered with English ivy.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:12 AM

I have a soft spot for mostly dog fabrics. Any animal fabric will call my name. Depending on how loud it calls me is how much I buy. Usually atleast a yard. I have a large trunk and 3 large totes full of just dog fabric. Its all my favorite though. :-D :-D :-D
Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 AM

I bought a yard in a beautiful floral that will not work in any project, current or UFO. It hangs on the wall in my sewing are so I can pet and admire it.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:16 PM

I'm looking for green with four leaf clovers. Can't find it in the stores here. If you see some on line let me know. I'm going to make memory quilts from my dear husbands shirts. He was full blood Irish so I'm looking for the backing.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM

I have also purchased the same fabric (3 times) because I love it so much, put it up in a special place so it won't get wrinkled or damaged, and forget I have it. I found lots when I worked on my new fabric room last summer that I had totally forgotten that I had, but love. I also am guilty of getting stuff out, looking at it, playing with it, and putting it back for a special pattern.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 PM

I do have a very favorite and was able to put it in a quilt without too much agony while cutting the pieces but have purchased more of the exact fabric when I found it just to have the pleasure of seeing that great fabric in my stash. I see myself as a fabric collector as well as a quilter.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 PM

I don't know if they are my favorites but I just can't walk out of the store without buying several yards! No pattern in mind, just have to have it.