Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Someone Talk Me Out of Amy Butler "Love"... >

Someone Talk Me Out of Amy Butler "Love"...

Someone Talk Me Out of Amy Butler "Love"...

Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Well now you can do 20% off at fabric.com with VIP410 lol
Hugs
April
Thanks for the code!! I just bought some fun fabrics for my Funky Neighborhood swap!! (Some gnomes will be moving into the neighborhood soon!!)

Rachel
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM

$7.64 for Amy Butler fabric is a good price. I love her fabric and its good quality so feel good about that part. You've shopped around and you've thought about it - Everyone has put more $$ into less processed decisions (but that's not really the point because everyone's circumstances are different). If you've decided it's within your means then go for it. But don't do it half a**ed - buy everything (you don't want to be scrambling for a decent backing and don't ruin a perfectly lovely project by going only halfway "go for it" means "Go For It!" all the way! The thing that makes it great and the thing that makes it hard - it's real trendy. The hard part about that is, whoever is saying you're not going to find this in 6 months is right - this is not a "classic." that being said, the thing that also makes it hard is that it's trendy and cute and a really different combination that you won't see again - - I could kick myself every time I think that I could have gotten [insert here fabric/pattern/book/etc.] oh i wish I would have done that because now I can't find a project that's quite as interesting or makes my heart go pitter patter like that one did... Yea, I'm on team - "Go For It" .
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

I have this theory that sometimes we need something we don't need :D
I am another Amy Butler lover, by the way.
But my theory applies to a lot of things as long as it doesn't get out of hand, which I'm getting better at :D
Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
It is so tough to want certain fabrics but not know for sure whether or not you should order them. LOL Been there & done that. LOL I always ask myself these questions and decided from there.

1. Can you afford to pay cash for them?
2. Will you be really sorry later if you cannot find them?
3. Have you got an idea as to how you want to use them or a plan for them?
4. If money is no issue, then get to ordering. LOL And enjoy.

Number 1 and Number 4 are the keys for me. I just bought way too much fabric recently that I LOVE and I'm rather poor at the moment. Must go on a fabric diet!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 AM

Isn't there currently 20% off on fabric purchases over $40 on fabric.com??? Could be good justification!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM

It is done.

Except the one is sold out. The teal w/flowers? That the girl is wearing made into a shirt? So, replaced with green. We'll see what happens. Supposed to come in at the end of the month...we shall see.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
.....because I'm sooooooo not doing a good job myself!!! I am justifying a $100 fabric purchase to make the Sexy Hexy Love quilt. It just screams fun, hip, spring, sassy....
Sorrrrry! I also was taken back by that quilt. However, I was able to put it on the back burner for future use. But I cannot say I am in love with the fabric. I am certain I will find something more to my liking for less.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
It is done.

Except the one is sold out. The teal w/flowers? That the girl is wearing made into a shirt? So, replaced with green. We'll see what happens. Supposed to come in at the end of the month...we shall see.
Beautiful fabric!! I think you did good! :D :thumbup:
Old 04-07-2010, 05:09 AM

Just do it! You will regret it if you don't. Just think of all the fun you will have making it! I say, Buy!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:12 AM

Just look at as leisure-time entertainment and think of how much it would cost to go to dinner and a movie - maybe for you and your husand. The quilt will last a lot longer than that pleasure. Don't you like my way of rationalizing getting things I like?