Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilts from me...finally!!! >

Quilts from me...finally!!!

Quilts from me...finally!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ftkls501
these quilt are beautiful!!! wish i could do that good great job
Anyone can do what I have done! I had a wonderful teacher that I just loved. She said...

1. If I see your blade NOT retracted, you are out of my class!( I am rather weak stomached so this was really easy for me to remember!)
2. Press, don't iron (then she showed us the difference) That was so valuable!
3. Always steam!
4. 100 %Cotton in your cotton quilts, as polyester/cotton will "beard up" She showed us examples...it looks like fuzz balls.
5.If you have questions, ask! Any question is a great question.
6. Practice your 1/4"

I just loved her! She was the most direct and wonderful teacher I have ever had. There are plenty of times I have her her reminding me of something she had taught. The ladies I have taught in my home have all had the very same instruction.

Thanks so much for looking and for your kind comments.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM

I have looked, and looked, and looked again at your beautiful quilts. You are an incredible quilter. Thank you for sharing with us.

Nita
Old 12-15-2009, 07:54 PM

All this drool is just not good for my computer!!! :lol:
I am in awe of your talent and your sense of color (which is something I struggle with) and composition!

The bargello's are my favorite...I want sooo badly to make one for my son. I have been afraid to...at this point I still consider myself an intermediate beginner.

Thank you for sharing all that beauty.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 PM

Wow! You all can sure make me feel loved! The pictures you see are only a smidgen of what I have done.

As far as the Bargello goes I don't remember the title of it and it was a crazy ammount of work. Many of them are still not quilted. I am a quilt top maker at heart. One of these days they will be quilted. I just keep telling myself that. LOL
Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 PM

Wow! You all can sure make me feel loved! The pictures you see are only a smidgen of what I have done.

As far as the Bargello goes I don't remember the title of it and it was a crazy amount of work. Many of them are still not quilted. I am a quilt top maker at heart. One of these days they will be quilted. I just keep telling myself that. LOL
Old 12-15-2009, 11:12 PM

being a piano player... my favorite is the watercolor piano...but I am in awe of your talent and your quilts....
They are awesome works of art...
You are a very gifted artist.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:04 AM

wow, I am in awe. What beautiful work you do. I love the lazy log cabin. Well actually I love them all but the log cabin is my favorite. You sure do have an eye for color, I am envious of that.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mosher92
wow, I am in awe. What beautiful work you do. I love the lazy log cabin. Well actually I love them all but the log cabin is my favorite. You sure do have an eye for color, I am envious of that.
Thanks so much for being so vocal. WOW!!! :shock:
With regards to the highly spoken of is the "Lazy Log Cabin" that quilt came from the book:"Quick Creative Quilting" It was soooo easy and used so many different fabrics I loved working on it. I was fairly "new" to quilting perse' and struggled to not get any of like fabrics to touch each other.. Since our livingroom is rather small I had to do it in quadrants and when I finally put it together I was sort of bummed that I had so many purples in the center. But I figured I did my best with what I had so I tried to lose my very critical eye that I usually tend to have when constructing & looking at my quilts.

In any event the book I mentioned is a wonderful book! There are many wonderful quilts in there and I have had the one pictured on 132 "A Walk in Spring". That quilt looked boring but I saw a Bargello so I tried to make it a Bargello and got tired of it so it sits on a pile waiting for me to give it another try.

I am currently working on mittens and LOVING it!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM

Love your quilts!!! They are all beautiful!!! I can't decide which one I like the best. Great work!!! Thank you for sharing!!! You have been one busy quilter!! :-D
Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Hi Pam, thanks for your kind words :-D I do love to quilt!!!