Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >

March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM

That fabric is so pretty as is the quilt!!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Today, Mar 6th, I got Linda, laparshall's DQ in the mail. I hope she'll enjoy what I put together with fabric scraps that Eddie & Melissa sent me in Jan. It was a lot of fun & I like to look at it more as art than a DQ. She is going to post pics once we both receive our DQs. She has been busy, so will mail her's when she's done. She can wait if she wants to to open mine, until I receive her's.

She & I have been PMing & we're going to exchange flower seeds/bulbs or whatever we come up with to see if they'll grow in our different regions of US. She's in MI & I'm in AL, big temp differences. I'll get her another package out once I get to the local nursery. I checked with the Post Office to make sure there are no restrictions on what can be mailed.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:06 AM

That sounds like fun!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 AM

Sheila Elaine: Thank you so much for your patience. You are so kind. I am just as excited about the seeds and bulbs as I am about the little quilt.

I promise that I will have that quilt to you very soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 AM

I had my dates above wrong, I mailed laparshall's DQ Apr 6th instead of Mar 6th.

Yes Linda, I'm excited about the bulbs & seeds also. I enjoy watching flowers grow & bloom. It's nice to meet another quilter, who likes gardening & with you being a Master Gardner, I may have to ask some questions. TTUL.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Ask away, if I don't know the answer, I usually can figure out where the answer can be found.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 AM

To sunkistmi....I share your anguish over the 2 lost babies. I used to have a wild mama cat who lived at my place about 15 years ago. Every spring she would have a litter, and we would have to search them out before they got too big so they wouldn't go wild. We usually found them, and raised them on bottles until old enough to rehome. One year we found the whole litter dead..we couldn't figure out what happened. One year we found 2 babies by our back door, and we took them in, but we never found the rest. She was still there when I moved away. We had tried many many times to trap her, but she was very wily!! The babies we fostered did very well, and found good homes. I hope you find the others. If not, well, those things do happen, although sad. Chin up...you are saving lots of little kitty babies that wouldn't make it otherwise!!

BTW - I just realized from your post that you just finished the February DQ. I'm OK with waiting for mine until you are better able. Please don't feel rushed.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 PM

[quote=lavandula girl] Here's the sweet little quilt that I got from The Quilter's Link. Sorry it took so long to post a pic, but life events and my camera have conspired against me. She also sent some wonderful goodies... Thank you so much!![/quote

That's a great little quilt...pretty material and quilting...hugs SG
Old 04-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Sorry it took a few days, but here is the BEAUTIFUL quilt I got from my partner Quilt4u :) Thank you thank you!! There was some chocolates too but they didn't stick around for the photo shoot! lol Sorry about the photo, my main camera is not working :( This was with my phone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-49431.jpe
Views:	37
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	49431  
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Sorry it took a few days, but here is the BEAUTIFUL quilt I got from my partner Quilt4u :) Thank you thank you!! There was some chocolates too but they didn't stick around for the photo shoot! lol Sorry about the photo, my main camera is not working :( This was with my phone
Not a bad picture for a camera. :-) What a lovely DQ. Enjoy. :-)