"Weigh In"

Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Jill R
Hi everyone it sounds like everyone has done great with weight loss this week even during Easter. Way to go!!!!! I sent my weight in this morning and unfortunately I gained a few pounds. The bad thing is that I didn't have any sweets over the holiday, but did eat a little more ham than I needed to. But I am keeping a very positive outlook that next week will be better. Keep up the good work.
You will probably lose it all at once. Probably lots of water weight since ham is salty. Hang in there :-)
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 AM

Found the best thing as Sams club... Already sliced up apples in a bag and they don't go brown and they are crispy too. Snacking on them here at work everyone else has candy....and dounuts.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

I love eggplant parmasena ( is that spelled correct) I had an eggplant that had to be used before it spoiled. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO............... I sliced it, grilled it, and put it in a baking dish with tomato sauce and now I can smell it cooking in the oven. I will top it with mozzrella cheese and let it melt and get all gooey yummoooooooooooo. The eggplant was large,I used 1/2 of it and I will have leftovers for lunch the next few days. Then I grilled the other 1/2 along with green bell peppers and onions. I then cut that into bite size pieces tossed them in a pot with a small amount of tomato sauce. I will have that with whole wheat pasta for dinner tomorrow.

I started my basil and parsely plants and can't wait to have fresh herbs. Pasta with fresh herbs, diced tomato, a drizzle of olive oil and topped with grated romano cheese is to die for.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by karielt
Found the best thing as Sams club... Already sliced up apples in a bag and they don't go brown and they are crispy too. Snacking on them here at work everyone else has candy....and dounuts.
I keep looking at those, but I just didn't want to take a chance on grainy apples with brown spots. lol Maybe now I will give them a try. Thanks for sharing your tip. :-)
Old 04-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by karielt
I keep looking at those, but I just didn't want to take a chance on grainy apples with brown spots. lol Maybe now I will give them a try. Thanks for sharing your tip. :-)
We got those once... pretty good... I liked them... very very conveniant...
Old 04-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Stress is not helping me :-( I have to take my daughter for a spinal tap now...seems to be unending but hopefully this will give us yet another answer we seek.
Hugs
April
Congrats on the 50 lost-what a goal to have reached!
Hope your daughter will be okay, not a fun test I bet.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 PM

Gained again this week, must get back on the wagon! You are all doing such a good job, shames me. I've had a terrible sweet tooth for this whole month. I just need to stop eating all the goodies and walk. Keep up the good work for you that are losing. And the rest of us....we will get there too.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:02 AM

Thanks everyone. I started by just getting through one day at a time. I know it sounds dumb but it really does work. When you crawl in bed at night you can think I DID IT! One day, then another all of a sudden you have a week. I also don't think about it as a diet I think about it has a life change. I have to live this way to be healthy. I use to be a very big diet soda drinker. I mean 5-6 cans a day. I haven't had one soda in 7 months. I do have to say that I was forced to start eating healthy because I had my gallbladder out and was one of those "lucky" people with side affects after surgery.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:55 AM

One Day At a Time is a good motto to live by!I may have to frame it and hang it in my kitchen, just from Easter week I feel my slacks already toooo tight(I'm not laughing) It semms like I can diet for the firt 3 weeks then all hell brakes and I eat everything in sight,but I brought out my ww binder and Monday I begin again. I went through my cupboards and figured everything out point wise seperated into breakfas, lunch etc.made menus now I just have to make choices which I want to follow that day Why aren't I thin It took me days to figure out points I shouldfollow my binder after all the time it took me but alas I'm still heavy I need help and prayers
Old 04-10-2010, 07:07 AM

I will pray for your daughter I am the mother of five girls and I can't begin to think of what you must be going through.I hope above all hope that everything will go well!!! Keep us posted.