Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My first project from Rhonda's Dresden Plate Kaleidoscope ebook. >

My first project from Rhonda's Dresden Plate Kaleidoscope ebook.

My first project from Rhonda's Dresden Plate Kaleidoscope ebook.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Thank you, Rhonda! I enjoyed this helpful hint! I've never basted prior to sewing before and love that herringbone stitch. Is that easy to do by hand really?? I found my Dresden Plates yesterday I had done when I first started sewing. I hadn't seen them in ages. In fact, I had forgotten totally about doing them! I was pleasantly surprised to see how well they looked for a newbie! Now I want to finish it. Looks like they were M zz down and centers need to be finished appl. I can tell I need to find an acc. pattern for the ctr so they are all equal in size. That looks like my only booboo on them although they weren't finished so I'm sure they would have come out equal had I finished them. lol. :D :D
The herringbone is like making a z over and over again and overlapping them. It is a bit like doing a crossstitch. Take a stitch on the bottom and then take a stitch on the top to the rt of the last one and keep alternating a stitch on the bottom and then on the top and it will go pretty quickly.

Does this make sense? These pics were taken with my old camera and are a bit fuzzy. sorry about that!

Herringbone stitch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52234[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-52175.jpe
Views:	126
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	52175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-52234.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	52234  
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 AM

I was interested in Rhonda's Boston Blocks. I was getting ready to purchase the ebook and I couldn't find it. I kept finding the Kaleidoscope ebook over and over. Apparently, something was telling me to order it.
I am so glad that I did! I love the kaleidoscope block! Rhonda does such an excellent job walking you through the process. She makes it very easy to do.

Oh, I did find the Boston Block ebook and I purchased that one too!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carol W
I was interested in Rhonda's Boston Blocks. I was getting ready to purchase the ebook and I couldn't find it. I kept finding the Kaleidoscope ebook over and over. Apparently, something was telling me to order it.
I am so glad that I did! I love the kaleidoscope block! Rhonda does such an excellent job walking you through the process. She makes it very easy to do.

Oh, I did find the Boston Block ebook and I purchased that one too!!!
Carol I am so glad you like it. It is one of my favorites! I love making them. I think they are addictive! I never can wait to get all the blades cut out. I usually have to sew together 3 or 4 together to see what the pattern is going to look like. I get impatient!! LOL
Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Thank you sooo much, Rhonda, for showing me that "z" making stitch called herringbone! You made it look simple! I'll have to try that some time by hand and also will try basting my blades of Dresden before stitching it down. I had never heard of anyone doing the herringbone by hand in quilting with it being so easy on the machine to do.

:-D :-D
Old 04-10-2010, 05:25 PM

They are so pretty and I love your fabric.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Thank you sooo much, Rhonda, for showing me that "z" making stitch called herringbone! You made it look simple! I'll have to try that some time by hand and also will try basting my blades of Dresden before stitching it down. I had never heard of anyone doing the herringbone by hand in quilting with it being so easy on the machine to do.

:-D :-D
I do struggle a bit at times keeping my tension and spacing even but I do the same thing with crocheting too. My tension is always off! That's why I don't do alot of crocheting. So if you watch your spacing placing your stitches evenly then it looks really good! But I tend to start out one width and by the time I get back to where I had started my width is usually smaller! LOL It isn't usually too noticable tho thank goodness!
I have a 1950 reproduction of an 1850 Singer and it only has one stitch. No frills! LOL And since crewel and embroidery is what I learned to do first when I was 18 I have always been partial to embroidery work. It is the only hand work I do now but I do it as embellishment to my quilting. ie: the dresden ks
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Gal

Beautiful, I love the one on the right, very effective, some times simple has the most impact don't you think!

Gal
Old 04-11-2010, 07:41 AM

Carol W. ....what agreat job! Were they difficult instructions to follow?? I read the write up on her ebook and dearly want to buy and try it, but I am not great with computors and am afraid I may not down load it right!!! :( So I'm thinking about buying it....CarolSLC
Old 04-11-2010, 07:49 AM

Rhonda... I am dying to buy your ebook Kaleidoscope pattern, but I am afraid I don't have enough computor skills to down load it and follow the directions. do you maybe have a "sample " of one of the direction pages for me to see??? :roll: You could post it on this site, or email me. Just wondering :| CarolSLC
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CarolSLC
Rhonda... I am dying to buy your ebook Kaleidoscope pattern, but I am afraid I don't have enough computor skills to down load it and follow the directions. do you maybe have a "sample " of one of the direction pages for me to see??? :roll: You could post it on this site, or email me. Just wondering :| CarolSLC
Hi Carol you can see a small sample on my Bitsnpiecesworkshop. The link is in my signature below.