Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How long >

How long

How long

Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 PM

if it were me and i was as nervous as you i would call up a local dealer and see if they offer classes. sure can't hurt.and it would make it so much easier on you
Old 04-11-2010, 07:49 PM

Kumbaya... sewing is a religous experience. Plug it in and see what happens... and whatever you do, keep your fingers out of the way of the needle. Seriously...this isn't as hard as you're making it.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:53 PM

I'm going to tonight... I don't think it will make too much noise... I'm going to test it out... I need to take the plunge!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I have a CS6000i MemaThomas sent it to me... I was very surprised... I haven't used a machine since I was 13. so it's been awhile.
How cool is that! Janome, right?

This is not the same machine as days gone by. Much easier to use.
It's a brother.
I have that model myself, and I'm pretty sure at least one other person here does. I also know of at least one other on About's quilting forum.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:19 PM

How long does it take, once fabric is cut and a general idea of piecing is done, does it take to sew it all together on the machine? Also, how hard is it to actually quilt on a machine? (I have still yet to use the sewing machine... I know I know... but I have to get the bobbins wound... something i've never done before... and yeah... should be fun...)
Be sure to make several bobbins at once. I usually have six or seven ready to go so each time I need one, I don't have to unthread the machine, make the bobbin , rethread, etc. It just is so easy and makes life more enjoyable to be ready to go quickly!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Phyl
How long does it take, once fabric is cut and a general idea of piecing is done, does it take to sew it all together on the machine? Also, how hard is it to actually quilt on a machine? (I have still yet to use the sewing machine... I know I know... but I have to get the bobbins wound... something i've never done before... and yeah... should be fun...)
Be sure to make several bobbins at once. I usually have six or seven ready to go so each time I need one, I don't have to unthread the machine, make the bobbin , rethread, etc. It just is so easy and makes life more enjoyable to be ready to go quickly!
I already planned on that! I have four bobbins that came with the machine... and I had some bobbins sent to me... I'm going to be sure that they are the same.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Phyl
I already planned on that! I have four bobbins that came with the machine... and I had some bobbins sent to me... I'm going to be sure that they are the same.
Great thinking! have fun!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:57 PM

My spool of thread holder on the sewing machine is shorter than the the spool, and there is nothing to keep spool from flying off the sewing machine. Is this going to be an issue or is this me just worrying?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Geezz.........Just crank up the tunes as high as it will go and they won't hear the sewing machine at all. :P[/quote]

HEE HEE.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:13 PM

My spool of thread holder on the sewing machine is shorter than the the spool, and there is nothing to keep spool from flying off the sewing machine. Is this going to be an issue or is this me just worrying?
Try pulling it up to see if it extends. Mine's the same way, and I actually did have a spool fly off once. Turned out I'd forgotten to extend it, and yeah, it was a problem. :)