summer camping

Old 04-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by bkb
It won't be long until it will be time to pull out the camper and go to bluegrass jams. I just love sitting outside and making blocks listening to live music. Everyone watches the progress from day to day.
My husband plays fiddle in a bluegrass band. Played in Paris last Saturday- Paris, Texas that is!! I will take my machine in the camper sometimes, but usually I crochet. It's more portable to carry from jam to jam.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
bkb

My DH plays guitar, our group meets a week at a time at different parks though out the summer. Sometimes we don't take our old 32 foot travel trailer but when we do my machine goes with me.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bkb
My DH plays guitar, our group meets a week at a time at different parks though out the summer. Sometimes we don't take our old 32 foot travel trailer but when we do my machine goes with me.
Sounds wonderful!! We just go for a day or two at a time- whatever days the band is booked for. I love the early spring or fall festivals, when there's the smell of campfires in the air, and the wholesome sound of bluegrass wafting through the trees.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:53 PM

we camp in our front yard. Sounds boring but we have a blast. we like to tell scary stories around the campfire.

Our front yard is a few acres big and I blow up the air mattress on the front porch and haul it across the front yard to the tent.

Nothing like hot dogs on a stick over a fire about midnight after the kids have laughed for hours telling jokes and stories. (And burping contests- can't forget them!)

Whenever we camped with the Boy Scouts I would get up early and run home and shower and come back before they were up. I can't stand being without a shower and my bathroom.

Want a tear drop camper but hubby won't get one. :(

Barb
Old 04-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned

Have not camped sence my lung claps the first time, so that would be around 15 yrs ago. Penny
Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by bkb
It won't be long until it will be time to pull out the camper and go to bluegrass jams. I just love sitting outside and making blocks listening to live music. Everyone watches the progress from day to day.
I will be going camping with my daughter's family in their new camper when I visit America this summer. We are going to Gettysburg. I have never been in a camper and look forward to the experience. It sleeps 9 and there are 6 of us, (plus 2 dogs and a cat) so there should be plenty of room.

Let you know how it goes. I
Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 AM

booklady, I love your quilt in your avatar. What is the name of the quilt? Eiltcoq.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gma Cindy
Cool!. Another quilting bluegrass fan..My husband and I belong to an organization that puts on a Bluegrass Festival in Iowa the last full weekend in July..I always have a quilting project in the camper also..usually something I can do by hand ..
Where in Iowa? We live in North West Missouri and are always interested in festivals that are close. We both like to play but I also take a quilting project along.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cathie_R
Originally Posted by Gma Cindy
Cool!. Another quilting bluegrass fan..My husband and I belong to an organization that puts on a Bluegrass Festival in Iowa the last full weekend in July..I always have a quilting project in the camper also..usually something I can do by hand ..
Where in Iowa? We live in North West Missouri and are always interested in festivals that are close. We both like to play but I also take a quilting project along.
The festival is Backbone Bluegrass Festival in Strawberry Point, Iowa...
www.backbonebluegrass.com..
Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
som

i camp every weekend i have a small 1 room cabin about a hour and a half from my house ,i leave every fri, &come home monday, my sewing machine is sitting on the table at the frount window over looking the lake i love it