Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 PM

i need some clarification when you come back barb..
Old 04-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Please post you bargello tute when available I would like to try and make one also.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:22 PM

Thanks Barb, I guess this is the only way I can access the tutorial this will help. Havwe the material now will start cutting.
Wish I was a little smarter. LOL
Betty
Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Sorry, I've been away all day. What can I help you with Colleen?
Originally Posted by colleen53
i need some clarification when you come back barb..
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Betty,
Do I need to clarify anything in particular for you? Just let me know. I've never done a tutorial, so not the best at writing out complete instruction, but will be glad to explain further any step you don't understand.
barb
Originally Posted by bbeyes
Thanks Barb, I guess this is the only way I can access the tutorial this will help. Havwe the material now will start cutting.
Wish I was a little smarter. LOL
Betty
Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Yorkie,
Please read through the message in this thread.... As I stated in a message above, I've never done a tutorial before so bear with me, I'll eventually get all the steps covered. Any thing you don't understand, please ask for more details.

Originally Posted by yorkie
Please post you bargello tute when available I would like to try and make one also.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM

hi barb and welcome home
i was reading the sets info you posted for me..
the first part is confusing.. it says to me to do 3 sets on #1.. then a bit down it says 2 sets.. and it says 2 sets of 11-10 and then down a bit it says 3 sets... can you clarify that for me.. i have done one set of 1-11 and i am loving it..but didn't want to go further until i understood the sets.. i do understand about moving the bottom to the top.. does this make since?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 PM

Yes, it does make sense............ I'm beginning to believe I should never have started this, I'm making so many mistakes!!!!
Glad you asked. The information in the lower section is correct. it is 2 sets for #1 and 3 sets for #11

# 1....2 sets....fabs #1-11.....need 72 inches to make next cuts
You will cut #1 sets into (20) 3 1/2 in strips

# 11...3 sets....fabs #11-10.....need 96 in. to make next cuts
Cut #11 sets into (32) 3 in strips.

I'm not only making mistakes in my typing, the first set I sewed together last night I didn't have my machine set at 1/4" and sewed all 11 of my pieces together and came out with my panel over 1/2" too narrow! Now I have to cut more strips and sew another panel. i did get half my sets sewn and pressed thou.

Did I mention, when you press your panels, to press the seams up on the first on (#1) press down on #11. up on #10 and so on? So when you sew the 3 1/2"strips cut from set #1 to the 3" strip of #11 the seams will be laying in opposite directions?

Before you get to cutting of the panels into strips let me know, I will have a few tips for you.
barb

hi barb and welcome home
i was reading the sets info you posted for me..
the first part is confusing.. it says to me to do 3 sets on #1.. then a bit down it says 2 sets.. and it says 2 sets of 11-10 and then down a bit it says 3 sets... can you clarify that for me.. i have done one set of 1-11 and i am loving it..but didn't want to go further until i understood the sets.. i do understand about moving the bottom to the top.. does this make since?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM

you are the bomb barb... you are right there with the answers.. and i am learning as we go.. you are doing fine.. please keep going and be patient with all of us.. i read that all day long and reread it.. read it to hubby and he said he didn't know either....lol. i didn't think he would.. yes i knew about the seam pressing..i have learned some things along the way and if i don't know it i try to research it before bugging someone... i will finish sewing my strips tomorrow and then i will ask more questions...
thank you so much for teaching me this technique...

here is a question i have:
1. when it says i need 72 inches .. what does that mean?
2. what is the exact measurement of a panel?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Sorry you had to read and read again.

Answer to # 1 question....Well when you cut the (20) 3 1/2" that doesn't come up to 72" (only 70). No wonder I am confusing you. When you make two strip sets you will have 80+ inches to cut those 3 1/2 in strips from, so you will have a little left over. Put those aside and use those where I said you would need to get some cuts from left overs, or in case the ruler slips and you need to do another.

Answer to #2 questions: The strips sets will measure whatever the width of your shortest fabric. Since the fabric widths vary, sometimes they are 40-41 inches of usable fabric after cutting off the selvage.

you are the bomb barb... you are right there with the answers.. and i am learning as we go.. you are doing fine.. please keep going and be patient with all of us.. i read that all day long and reread it.. read it to hubby and he said he didn't know either....lol. i didn't think he would.. yes i knew about the seam pressing..i have learned some things along the way and if i don't know it i try to research it before bugging someone... i will finish sewing my strips tomorrow and then i will ask more questions...
thank you so much for teaching me this technique...

here is a question i have:
1. when it says i need 72 inches .. what does that mean?
2. what is the exact measurement of a panel?