Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday) >

Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday)

Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday)

Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Hi Retrogirl,
I am very sorry, but I won't be able to participate at this time. Please take me off (2, 17, 47, 80).
Thanks,
Old 04-13-2010, 01:28 PM

Windy Canyon, I have added your block numbers.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 PM

cjt_mama & lucylockett, I have removed your names from the list...if you have a change of heart, you know where to find us. Happy Quilting!!

fun2quilt, please hang on to your blocks until the sign-ups end. We're still getting people signing up and people dropping out. Sign ups will continue through the end of the month. I'll send my address out by PM as we get closer to that date so I can send one out to everybody interested.
Thank you.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
cjt_mama & lucylockett, I have removed your names from the list...if you have a change of heart, you know where to find us. Happy Quilting!!

fun2quilt, please hang on to your blocks until the sign-ups end. We're still getting people signing up and people dropping out. Sign ups will continue through the end of the month. I'll send my address out by PM as we get closer to that date so I can send one out to everybody interested.
Thank you.
Did you get my message about having to drop out also? I just want to make sure so that no one is looking for something from me. :0(
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM

Ladies (and gents?!) I am back! Let's give retrogirl a huge round of applause! She did a great job, which I really appreciate. Thanks again!

I see some people are ready to mail. Please PM me for my address.

Because of being stuck with a huge postage bill during the last swap I hostessed,
I will ONLY BE ACCEPTING prepaid envelopes. (The only exception is anyone not in the US.) Please don't send money, just a paid envelope. Thanks!!

***This means when you send me your blocks, I will only return your swap blocks to you when I have a prepaid envelope from you in my possession. I suggest the prepaid $5 envelopes from the post office to be sent to me with your blocks. :) If you forget to send me a prepaid envelope, I will wait to send you your blocks until I receive one.

I will also be doing something different for returning the blocks. I think I will throw all the blocks in a big bag, stir, and send your (appropriate amount of) sets of 6. I will do my best not to send repeats. You may or may not receive one of your own back.

Is all of this acceptable?

:) :D :) :D :) :D
Old 04-14-2010, 05:58 PM

Hey BRT Glad to see you are back :-)

I do not mean to sound like a stinker however when the swap started it stated the following:

"You will make 6 blocks all alike and send them to me along with a self addressed, stamped envelope for return postage which will be used to return your blocks to you. You will receive one of your blocks and 5 other unique blocks from other swap members."

Based on this information I joined with the thought that I would receive one of my own blocks plus unique other blocks... I did not join with the thought of getting repeats or with not getting one of my own back. If this is how they are returned I may have to reconsider the swap...I do not want to end up with multiples of the same block. I did this to get many different ones. I do not feel the rules should change halfway through the swap.

Just my two cents...
Hugs
April
Old 04-14-2010, 06:32 PM

Well I kinda agree. I would like to have one of my own blocks back. I worked hard on them and I like them. Here are my pics of them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-60040.jpe
Views:	32
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	60040  
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM

P.S. I do understand about the postage. I wouldn't want to get stuck with paying to ship
Old 04-14-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
Well I kinda agree. I would like to have one of my own blocks back. I worked hard on them and I like them. Here are my pics of them.
I love them,they came out beautfully.I haven't even done one yet.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

Love the blocks so far... understand about the postage .
one question about the postage and i don't mean to confuse anyone, but I usually take my blocks to the post office, have them weigh it buy the postage for both shipping and returning, put the return postage with a label addressed to me in the parcel going out, but do NOT include and envelope ( usually the flat rate one) is this ok, or do you want/need the envelope when I send it to you ?