Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks >

Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

Old 03-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Oops...just realized this should have gone in the next installment (Layout). Should I repost it there?

Originally Posted by newestnana
I was going to use cubes but decided the fences (like those in the OBW Encore book, page 75, Encroachment) would be more appropriate with my animal print. THere is really not that much difference between the light and dark hexagong...pretty subtle. Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions for moving the hexagons. I was also thinking of moving the fence off center (it wasn't there intentionally). I would do that by moving hexagons from the right edge to the left edge (or vice versa). It's REALLY hard to move the fence :-(

Any other ideas?

BTW I have to fill in that little space below the center of the fences...no problem with that.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:40 PM

does any know why i never receive mail jillie
Old 04-17-2010, 04:16 AM

Jillie, you have to go to your profile page and select what you want to receive email on. Just scroll down the page and it explains where you make your choices or you can select all.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

It would be nice to see what everyone is working on
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 AM

I made this just to make sure this would be as fun as it appears before making something bigger. I have no idea how to lay it out. I only have 19 blocks. I am not sure there is a way to make it look good. I would love your suggestions. Eash block looks really cute, but as a whole not so much.

BTW, this was as fun as it looks, so once I get these sewn together I am going to start the real one :)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-159358.jpe
Views:	259
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	159363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-159359.jpe
Views:	258
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	159364  
Old 01-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

That is awesome. I love the way you have it laid out now though you probably have more blocks. I think it would make a great table topper. And the leftovers could be made into coasters or something. It would be quiet the conversation piece.

What some have done is put some plain pieces and use it more as a stack n wack layout. All depends on how big or what you want to do with it.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I made this just to make sure this would be as fun as it appears before making something bigger. I have no idea how to lay it out. I only have 19 blocks. I am not sure there is a way to make it look good. I would love your suggestions. Eash block looks really cute, but as a whole not so much.

BTW, this was as fun as it looks, so once I get these sewn together I am going to start the real one :)
I think your sample looks great! I also agree with Cutie - - it will make quite the conversation piece as a table topper.
So glad to hear that you are having fun with your new technique <wave>
Old 01-19-2011, 05:38 AM

I also think it looks great! If you wanted to make it a little bigger and have each hexagon stand out, try putting triangles of black in between each one. That will not only frame it but give a star design as well. And if you include that fabric as your border, then people will see what the fabric started out as. No matter how you do it, it will be wonderful! :thumbup:
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

I also think it looks great! If you wanted to make it a little bigger and have each hexagon stand out, try putting triangles of black in between each one. That will not only frame it but give a star design as well. And if you include that fabric as your border, then people will see what the fabric started out as. No matter how you do it, it will be wonderful! :thumbup:
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any of this fabric left. I thought about the triangle thing but this is probably going to end up as a dog bed for my little dog, so it doesn't need to be any bigger!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:37 PM

I am making my first OBW. Are there directions for sewing the blocks together?