Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome, anyone? >

Janome, anyone?

Janome, anyone?

Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 AM

The new Janome 7700 is coming out the 1st of May and will retail at $2999. It has what has been called "the real blanket stitch" and an improved blind stitch. I would wait to see what this is all about before purchasing the 6600.....which I have and love.....I have had it three years and am still learning things about it. The Yahoo group is most informative. www.groups.yahoo.com/group/Janome.......You do need to join, but there is no obligations. I joined before I bought my Janome to gather information.....some very accomplished quilters belong and post regularly. The site has the information for both the 6500 and the 6600.
I hope this will help you.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
when i heard about the 7700 i got a knot in my stomache. why? because i just treated myself to a 6600 in November. i was scared to death i wouldn't be able to resist the new one. (i wasn't even curious about the price. i assumed it would cost exactly whatever amount i had free on my credit card. that's just the way these things work. :lol: )

i was so relieved when i finally got to look at an advertisement for it. the 7700 definitely looks like one suweeeeeeet machine. i confess to a bit of drooling over the extra 2-12" of throat space. and they have added a couple of pretty nifty sounding features. but since it does not include a few of the things i like best about my 6600, and has a clear extension table (which would get on my nerves) i don't feel the urge to run out for a trade-in.

my heart goes out, though, to anybody who doesn't already have a 6600 and has to choose between the two. that would be a tough decision. i don't know which i'd pick.
I think there may be some that will have buyer's remorse. But that's the way it always is with technology. You walk out the door with something and it's already obsolete.

:( :( But, I would think many dealers will give people a good deal if they want to upgrade to the newest machine. And I agree, the price may come down quite a bit on the 6600 and used ones will be easy to find.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 AM

I know there are a lot of Janome lovers out there, but I'm not one of them. I had one of their basic machines and it gave me nothing but trouble. I hated it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:52 AM

I have the 6600 also and love it. I also learned a lot of info from the Yahoo group. I signed up for that and set my preferences to web-only, so that I don't get a lot of emails.

The 6600 is a great machine.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:01 AM

I have a 6600P for almost a year. This is after I have had Viking, which I still love, Bernina, I hated and a Pfaff, counldnt get any help with. I use my Viking for embroidery now. I love my 6600, esp the accufeet. I will take it in for 1year service in June, cant wait to see how many hours I have sewed on it. I know alot.

DH got a small Janome from Hancocks Fabrics 2 months ago and it is a great little machine also.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Dix

Originally Posted by BLSD2QLT
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am currently pricing and actually have on layaway a Janome MC6600p and is interested in purchasing the MC 350E thereafter.

Is there anyone out here that have either machine and their thoughts about it (them)?
I have had the 6600 since they first came out. It was the first one my dealer sold and I love it. Use it all the time and have had it cleaned by the dealer only once. The decorative stitches are so much fun and easy to use. Enjoy!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:01 AM

I have the Janome 6600MCP and I love it !!!!! I actually have 3 Janomes and I am sooo hooked I will always buy Janome!!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 AM

I have the Janome 6600 and would not trade for any other machine. It is soooooo easy to use when fmq and also just quilting your blocks. I have had mine for about a year. To learn more about the machine, you may want to join the janome 6500/6600 forum on yahoo.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Bev

Have two Janomes. Love them both. But neither is one of the ones you're looking at. I would say, if it's Janome it's good. That's just my opinion however, others may feel differently. 8-)
Old 04-17-2010, 12:01 PM

I've had the Janome MC6600 for several years, and I think it's a very reliable work horse. The instruction booklet is bare-bones, but I learned how to oil it (small circle you can see when you remove the bobbin case) and how to clean it (remove the bottom of the machine.

The thread occasionally jumps when I start a seam; I stop sewing and pull more thread down from the top threading, reattach threadto the moving guide, and continue sewing. I've never had it serviced, and it always runs well.

I learned how to do free-motion quilting on it and recently bought a Tin Lizzie LS because I love the actual quilting part so much. It's a good machine. Oh, Janome is coming out with a new model of the MC 6600, so you should get a good price.

Sharon