Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 04-16-2010, 07:11 PM

Glad to hear that but when Colleen was talking about page 8 I thought she was talking about tutorial somewhere else.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 PM

Ok Barb...I will take out the blue on the far right and go with this lay-out. You have so much patience with us! God bless you.
I think I can move forward now! Thanks mommy!!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by bbeyes
Now I have 3 sections done of #1 and 2 sections of #2. Are there any other sets that have doubles?
To make a strips set have your fabric laying out in order from #1 thru #11. leave them folded just as you cut them, have the fold up at the top (makes it easier to pick up the strips, and check back through your stack if you need to.

Pick up # 1 fabric, hold on to it and pick up #2, and put it to the back of # 1, go through the whole line of fabrics until you have picked up 11 fabric and have then in your hand. Number this stack #1, If you have so good pins, might be a good idea to pin this stack so it won't get jumbled or a strip drop out of the stack.
===copied from an earlier post=======
Each time you make a strip set, take one strip from the bottom of the run and put it on top.

Eleven strip sets to complete the quilt. I number the strip sets whatever fab number is to be on top.
# 1....2 sets....fabs #1-11.....need 70 inches to make next cuts
You will cut #1 sets into (20) 3 1/2 in strips

# 11...3 sets....fabs #11-10.....need 96 in. to make next cuts
Cut #11 sets into (32) 3 in strips.

#10.....2 sets...fabs #10-9...need 80 in. to make the next cuts.
Cut #10 sets into (32) 2 1/2 in strips.

#9.......2 sets...fabs #9-8....need 64 in. to make next cuts.
Cut #9 sets into (32) 2 in. strips.

#8........1 set....fabs #8-7....need 48 in. to make next cuts.
Cut #8 in (32) 1 1/2 in. strips. You can get the extra few cuts from left over from another strip set.

#7........1 set....fabs #7-6...need 32 in. to make next cuts.
Cut #7 into (32) 1 in strips.

# 6...... fabs 6-5.....need 16 in. to make the next cuts.
Cut (16) 1 in. strip. You will have to get these from left overs from another set.
==================

note: 3 strips sets equals about 120 inches wide, I only needed 96 inches to cut all my #11 3 in strips, so I cut one in half and rearranged to use it as #6 that required 16 inches.

I'm posting another image of one section of the quilt design so you all will have a reference as to where your #1 fabric or any of the others will be and how it moves around the quilt.

If I'm making the circle & diamond pattern I pay particular attention to Fab #1, Fab #11 and Fab #6. look on the patten and see if you can tell why I think the placement of these fabrics are inportant.

One section of the quilt...Make four of these
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63157[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-63152.jpe
Views:	194
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	63157  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:39 PM

Do you all want me to start a new thread regarding sewing and doing the next cuts and leave this one open for discussion on fabric choices and arrangements?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I do like the blue & yellow better myself. I have exchanged the bright yellow with a more muted sand color. Is this a better line up?
The circle & diamond is the one I had in mind, but would be just as happy with the hills & valley's. I want to make both so it does not matter which one is first. You just tell me what line up and which pattern and I am ready. Thanks again for all your help....
Granna, That is so much better. If you are satisfied, you are good to go. Remember (11) 1 1/2 strips from each of the 11 fabrics.

Look at the image I posted and see if you can figure out which fabric you want on the bottom and #11, because that is going to be the center of you circle. Number 1 will start the outline of your diamond.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM

hey barb.. yes i had the lasik yesterday.. not suppose to be onmputer yet but was doing a sneaky while hubby was golfing... i am doing a catch up on the board to see how it is going.. i did notice on the post above you put (11) 1 1/2 STRIPS.. SURE THAT ISN'T 2 1/2 IN. STRIPS?
I WLL CHECK IN AGAIN LATER.. I AM GOING TO GET EVERYTHING IRONED AND THEN I WILL ASK YOU FOR TIPS ON CUTTING THE SETS AGAIN... ENJOY LADIES..
BTW..I AM LOVING ALL THE FABRIC CHOICES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:40 AM

....Correction... corrected the size of strips from each of the fabrics...
Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I do like the blue & yellow better myself. I have exchanged the bright yellow with a more muted sand color. Is this a better line up?
The circle & diamond is the one I had in mind, but would be just as happy with the hills & valley's. I want to make both so it does not matter which one is first. You just tell me what line up and which pattern and I am ready. Thanks again for all your help....
Granna, That is so much better. If you are satisfied, you are good to go. Remember (11) 2 1/2 strips from each of the 11 fabrics.

Look at the image I posted and see if you can figure out which fabric you want on the bottom and #11, because that is going to be the center of you circle. Number 1 will start the outline of your diamond.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by colleen53
hey barb.. yes i had the lasik yesterday.. not suppose to be onmputer yet but was doing a sneaky while hubby was golfing... i am doing a catch up on the board to see how it is going.. i did notice on the post above you put (11) 1 1/2 STRIPS.. SURE THAT ISN'T 2 1/2 IN. STRIPS?
I WLL CHECK IN AGAIN LATER.. I AM GOING TO GET EVERYTHING IRONED AND THEN I WILL ASK YOU FOR TIPS ON CUTTING THE SETS AGAIN... ENJOY LADIES..
BTW..I AM LOVING ALL THE FABRIC CHOICES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen, I'm sure glad I have you as a helper.
You are correct. The strips are 2 1/2 inches.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:02 PM

I really need help with putting these fabrics together. Is it best just light to dark or is the light supposed to be in the middle? Here are the fabrics I picked out. Is this the correct arrangement?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-63565.jpe
Views:	310
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	63570  
Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 PM

Elaine, Glad you are joining us in this projects.

These are very pretty fabrics. I needed to download the photo and open in my photo editing program to lighten it so I could tell what colors were in the darks. That brightened the lights, now I can't tell if they are whites or light prints. Could you take another photo that is lighter?

Anyway, as to arrangement, you can arrange them any way you want. I like my #1 fab to be the eye catcher. #1 is the one that really defines you pattern. It creates the outline for the diamonds and circles.

Number 11 will be the middle on the circles, followed outward with 10, on down to #2. Number 11 immediately moves up to be 1st to fill in the diamonds, followed by #10, 9, 8, 7 & 6. Numbers 2, 3, 4 & 5 always stay inside the circle.

Originally Posted by Elaine716
I really need help with putting these fabrics together. Is it best just light to dark or is the light supposed to be in the middle? Here are the fabrics I picked out. Is this the correct arrangement?