Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome, anyone? >

Janome, anyone?

Janome, anyone?

Old 04-17-2010, 01:51 PM

I have both the 6600 and the 350E. I have had nothing but love and wonder for what those machines will do. I have had mine for over 2 years with (knock on wood) no problems whatsovever. The quilt shop who sold both of those to me is no longer in business, but they held classes on both and were a wealth of help. If you buy those, I recommend you buy from a reputable dealer that offers classes. I cannot sing the praises enough. However, I want a long arm. Always some want isn't their.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM

I purchased the Janome 200E and I love it. The only drawback is the 4x4 hoop. Get a machine with the larger hoop if possible. I have added many qute things to my grandson's shirts and shorts. They look awesome. You will love the 350 E!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
There is a new Janome coming out in a few days. Unless you got a great deal (under 1149) you may want to consider waiting.
My dealer is haveing a big showing/class on May 1 for the new machine. He is at training for it now. Also, he mentioned that if someone has bought a new Janome recently that janome is telling dealers to let them take it in for trade and just pay the difference. I think he even meant trade value would be price paid. not sure on how new of a time frame he meant, i was in a hurry and had already been there half an hour.

My hubby is in trouble, I told him i was dreaming about the new machine last night and I haven't even seen it! LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM

Hi, I have a Janome 8077, my first Janome, I had 6 Singers which I had always been happy with until the last two. For some reason they didn't last very long.

The Janome I have had for nearly two years, I think. When you get my age times flies so fast that you sometimes miss a year or two. But so far I like my Janome. I have been making quilts on it and it hums right along. I did take it into the machine shop about 6 months ago but I think it was a ID 10 T fault. It has only 30 built in stitches and that includes button hole and I haven't tried that. I don't think my quilts need a button hole.

Sorry I can't help you more. I guess you pays your money and takes your chances.
Henri
Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 PM

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/Janome
this is in german? Do they translate to english?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:16 PM

Are you buying it in Golsboro NC??? I don't own that one but do own a Janome .
Old 04-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by BLSD2QLT
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am currently pricing and actually have on layaway a Janome MC6600p and is interested in purchasing the MC 350E thereafter.

Is there anyone out here that have either machine and their thoughts about it (them)?
I have the Janome MC4000 and I just love it. Of course the stitch is beautiful, but not as perfect as my Singer 404. Occasionally I will bring it in and have the stitch regulated. I know -- I could do it myself, but I hate fooling with the tension. Today I was sewing with scrap threads and happened to have gray on the top and red in the bobbin (don't ask). I noticed I can see the top thread peeking out on the bottom. Time for an adjustment and a cleaning.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi, I have the Janome MC6500 and the 300E embroidery machines and I love them. I also have the 644D serger. They are great machines. Linda
Old 04-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

sorry I can't help. Penny
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 PM

I bought a Janome 800 when it first came out, about 1985, had 100,00 trouble-free miles on it then had to replace the mother board (it is an embroidery machine) now still use it and love it as much as ever. I also have the Janome 1100 which is an amazing embroidery machine, and a new Janome 6500P which is truly a work horse. I hope these machines will last me forever, but if they don't, I will buy another Janome.