Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

I just finished the table runner for the swap on my emb machine. :-D
Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sheesh
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm
If you mean the format for designs it is .sew
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jean knapp
Hi I am new to this but I have an innovis 4000D with the upgrades I have had it for 3 years and love it. I just wanted to add the FiveStarFonts is a great site. THey have lots of freebies and frequent sales. THey often have free font friday at which time every friday is a free font. I have gotten several alphbets this way. Would love a chat. Jean
Ditto on the Brother Innovis 4000D
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 PM

I have a Bernina 180E. My husband bought it for me Xmas 1999. I make crib/lap quilts for family members. Baby shower qifts/birthdays/Xmas. Enclosed are pictures of two I just finished. If the pictures make it. They may get lost in cyberspace.

crib quilt/puppies and kittens
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43654[/ATTACH]

toddlers quilt/space monsters
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43797[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-43654.jpe
Views:	627
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	43654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-43797.jpe
Views:	638
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	43797  
Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by pieces
I have a Bernina 180E. My husband bought it for me Xmas 1999. I make crib/lap quilts for family members. Baby shower qifts/birthdays/Xmas. Enclosed are pictures of two I just finished. If the pictures make it. They may get lost in cyberspace.
Very nice. Thank you for sharing the pics.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

OMG pieces, those are soooo cute!!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the pictures. They are wonderful! A couple of weeks ago my wonderful husband bought me the Bernina 440QE with the embroidery attachement. I haven't had the time, working full time, to even open the boxes nor have I had a chance to take the classes that are offered by shop that I bought my machine from. I think I am using my time management as an excuse but I am a little intimidated by it. I really am so excited on learning how to use it. I am a simple quilter (nothing to complex)so I think I am going to fall in love with this option. With 6 granchildren ranging from 1 to 19 I am ready to play with my new toy.

Please keep the pictures coming. It's inspireing.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:38 PM

I have a Babylock Ellageo. It uses floppy disks. When we got a new computer I had to have a floppy drive put in so I could download from the internet. My machine is about six years old and has been used very little due to health reasons. I am hoping to get going with it one of these days. My daughter has a Babylock commercial embroidery machine and she uses it day and night. It is a real dream machine. Mine came with wonderful instructions and I always think if I have a book I can learn anything so I am not intimidated by it and have used it a couple of times with wonderful results.The Ellageo uses PES files and I have a Magic Box that can convert other types of files to PES so I can use them too.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by mawmaw
I have a Viking SE LE. Currently I am embroidering quilting designs on solids with batting and backing using variegated thread. They are cut into 8-1/2" squares and serged together like a rag quilt. Fun & Done!

Our embroidery group "Magic Machines" is starting the Summer Wine quilt by Jenny Haskins this month. I have already embroidered the first block.
I'm so glad to see that someone else is doing a Jenny Haskins quilt. I am currently making the 4th Simon's Folly quilt, and am just finishing the quilting on Sharman's Vintage Garden. I did do some of the Summer Wine quilt but had some problems with some of the applique not lining up very well. So, plan is to fix the designs someday when time permits. Just too many projects and not enough time.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 PM

I too have a Brother Innovis 4000D and love it. I use it for my quilting and embroidery. A great machine. I bought an inexpensive memory stick to download from the computer to my usb port on my machine. I did buy the upgrade to it, I think it makes it a 4500 D or something like that. Now I have not used that yet, but i like the larger hoops, and the contiuous embroidery for pillow cases, sheets, table cloths I think. I am glad this thread is started, I love this quilting forum, but I do embroidery too.