Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting for children (Lap Quilts) >

Quilting for children (Lap Quilts)

Quilting for children (Lap Quilts)

Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM

I have seen them cut it on the infomercial. I still have not had time to do it yet. I look forward to trying it. I have a bernina sport and esante embroidery machine. I thank all of you for your help. I will try to get started today and as soon as I get part of it done, I will post the photos. Can anyone suggest what would be the best type of material. I thought I would use a cotton blend material maybe with polyester or just plain cotton solid colors. Open to suggestions..
Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 AM

I have never heard of electric printable material. I guess I have been out of the ring for a while. Where did you find this? Do you go to a fabric shop like Hancocks? Thanks for the info..
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM

Mine TOO!!! My 20 year old grandaughter gave me the beautiful poem when she was about 8 years old. I have kept it as a treasure on my wall. It is so pretty in the frame she picked out. I have also thought about using the scriptures in the BIBLE about our footsteps being ordered of the LORD and anything else that GOD says about our feet.. Thanks..
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Could you have your sister call me or send me her directions for using the larger machine and cutting out the material.. I would love to know exactly how she does it. I have an idea that it would save a lot of time. However, I do not know what an accu cut is.. Is this a new machine that you can buy at a clothing fabric shop? I am not familar with. I must be the one that sounds stupid but I have never heard of this... I guess I am out of the loop and have been for a while.. I want to know more about short cuts for quilts and make them beautiful.. Thanks for all your help..
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 AM

Accu quilt is designed for cutting fabric templates. You can do up to 6 layers in the Go and 10 for the pro. You can purchase different blocks size and such. Hasn't been out to long. Look in the SEARCH for it. There's lots of info there on it.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

The Electric Quilt printables are available at Joanns.com I am not sure about in the store . I also found them on Ebay .

My sister has the smaller machine and that is how she found out about the cartridges. No where on the package does it state , not all patterns will work on the smaller machine. It was only after struggling with it and LOTS of reading and calling customer support that she discovered the limitations of the smaller machine. And it does not work well with glitter paper , ask how we know :roll: