Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! >

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Originally Posted by no1jan
I am in the same boat. I had to make room for my DGD sofa bed to move up into my "sewing area". In doing so, I decided to try and clean up tons and tons of spots my son had made when this was his room. I swear he let a case of soda explode up there!

I have been spot cleaning the carpet for weeks. On my hands and knees trying desperately to get them out. In the mean time I have to move furniture, basically everything around the room to be able to get at the carpet to do the spot cleaning and then the rug shampooing. I am almost done! I have one more section to seam clean today. Spot cleaned the area last night.

Then I have to move all the furniture and organize. Can't wait. Haven't been able to see let alone use my machine in weeks.

Can't wait until it is all finished, clean and Sew-Perfect!

At least I will have some place to sew! :):) :)
You might want to think about just ripping out the carpet and putting down some faux wood. There are vynal (sp?) out there that look like wood and are easy to put down. I actually did that in my whole house. It is much easier to sweep up fabric scraps and threads than having to vacuum. Also if you have allergies they will be much better if you get rid of the carpet. If you really think about it carpet is probably the dirtiest thing in our houses. Also pet "spills" are no longer a big issue. You just wipe them up and wash the floor.
I just had faux wood put in my sewing room and it's so much easier to clean and to find pins (I sew bare footed). Used a 60% recycled flooring from Shaw. It looks like old fashioned planks.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Well my spring cleaning went to my sewing room. Got my very small closet cleaned out last weekend. How in the world did I fit so much stuff in that closet is beyond me . But I got out 5 trash bags of stuff I did not need. And I moved some shelfs around to make some mor room. And in that move everything got dumped on the floor and I mean everything. I can bearly get into my small room now. It looks like every know natural disaster has hit it. Why is it when cleaning you make more of a mess than what it was befor you started?
Now, you won't be able to find anything. ;)
Old 04-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
More evidence for my argument - cleaning is a waste of my time :) and it just makes the mess worse!
My kind of people.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:17 PM

sewcrafty - look at it this way - you are at least in the same room, speaking or not! :lol:
Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 PM

clem55...same here
Old 04-23-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Well my spring cleaning went to my sewing room. Got my very small closet cleaned out last weekend. How in the world did I fit so much stuff in that closet is beyond me . But I got out 5 trash bags of stuff I did not need. And I moved some shelfs around to make some mor room. And in that move everything got dumped on the floor and I mean everything. I can bearly get into my small room now. It looks like every know natural disaster has hit it. Why is it when cleaning you make more of a mess than what it was befor you started?
LOL Isn't that the truth!?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Whenever I organize, I can't find anything!
Clem, I am so glad I'm not the only one who can't find anything after I put it in a more organized spot. Ticks me off.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:32 PM

Speaking of not being able to find anything...I was about to sandwich my baby quilt to put it together this afternoon and could NOT find my can of 505. So I had to run to Joann's and buy a can of June Taylor's Adhesive Spray (thank goodness for 50% coupons) I hope it works okay, as I've not heard good things about it.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:10 PM

granniebj, prayers are sent for you and your daughter and family, hope her health is restored very soon. I've always said my dirt and mess will be here long after I'm gone, so someone else can clean it up then. I try to organize and clean, but I always seem to have tooooo much stuff, and then add more. I also seem to have other things that need to be done. I retired 6 yrs. ago from full time teaching, but started working as just a math tutorial teacher that fall and only work half a day, 4 days a week. You would think I would have a lot of time to sew, quilt and just do whatever, also clean house, but nooooo, it seems like I have less time now that ever before. Oh well, the thought is always there and there is always tomorrow, next week or whenever. Like I said, this house and the housework will be here after I'm gone, so I guess just relax and enjoy retirement don't you think that's a great idea? lol I'm sure glad I'm not the only messy quilter, I seem to string things all over the house when I am working on something, and that's a large part of the time. Oh Well, I enjoy it, quilting that is.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Melinda, you'll find that 505 spray now that you bought another. I looked for my bodkins for two months. The day my new ones came in the mail sure enough one poped up out of the blue right where I looked a hundred times.