Quilt Challenge!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM

I am improving a little. But I doubt I will do paper piecing again. I am so used to doing things the old way and you have to spend so much time paper piecing that its not worth it to me.
Turns out nice but I guess its just not for me.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Naiscoot
Hint when quilting with other quilters, only do your sewing with them not the choosing of the scrappy colours they all have different opions of what goes. Learnt that yesterday with my friends, they didn't get much of their quilting done they were more interested in ME choosing the right colours for a scrappy quilt, so I just cut out more 16 inch lengths and decided to choose the colours at HOME ....After all it is a SCRAPPY Bargello Quilt, not a designed colour co ordinated quilt. Agreed that the purple just didn't go with the other colours. Will post picture when done.
Sometimes you just get more help than you need, but it's all meant well.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM

I welcome all the help I can get. It did help me to make a few more birds. It just takes so long to make one bird this way. Maybe I haven't given it enough time to enjoy it. Maybe a different pattern other than birds would be easier too. A light table next to the machine might help too. Small stitching and having to rip out is a real bummer. It pays to waste more fabric. Ha ha ha.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
I welcome all the help I can get. It did help me to make a few more birds. It just takes so long to make one bird this way. Maybe I haven't given it enough time to enjoy it. Maybe a different pattern other than birds would be easier too. A light table next to the machine might help too. Small stitching and having to rip out is a real bummer. It pays to waste more fabric. Ha ha ha.
Pick a few smaller projects to do in between, it breaks up the monotony. I am doing kitty cats with small pussy willow branches. There are 31 of the branches, and each branch has 9 small pussy willows.So I switch back and forth. That way you don't get so frustrated. And your less apt to make mistakes.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 PM

Hi, I think this is a great idea. I have many scrap pieces. I use the old Popcorn Tins to store my material pieces in. I mark the top of the lids with the type and color of material. Needless to say, I have a lot of popcorn tins. I would love to do this for christmas and other holidays as well.. Angelwings62
Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 AM

GREAT idea!! My original entry into quilting came during a stressful time in my life and I purchased old, holey chenille spreads off ebay and cut them up to make baby quilts. I love using stuff other than "traditional fabric" altho have gotten lazy lately (no time) and hate to rotary cut. Great idea for finding an org to donate them to!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:13 PM

"Mile a minute" is a great way to use up scraps and have a lot of fun. I saw a "Mile a minute" quilt at a quilt show that was incredibly oustanding. The sashing was grey and the right propotions to make it WORK. Galatotesa
Old 04-25-2010, 02:20 PM

I love red and your quilt is fantastic! Galatotesa
Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt
This is a "Tossed Nine Patch". I used left over fabrics but bought the backing and border. I will be giving it to the local Relay for Life to raffle.

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...orseth/004.jpg[/IMG]

DD
What a geat quilt~! It inspires me to try thi pattern. Galatotesa
Old 04-25-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by sewyousee
QuiltMaker101:

Winter Haven, FL ::) already started this project! I decided I'd probably be 6 foot under before all my fabric was used so I am doing as you said seeing how many quilts I can make with what I have. I like to have several projects going so I don't get bored so have 3 started from the stash. Already cut the fabric for the projects.

Fantastic Idea you have, we3arts
While a friend of a friend was visiting, she couldn't believe the stacks of fabric that had been put in the dining room to make room in the guest/sewing room for her. She exclaimed "You'll never live long enough to use all this fabric!" Her friend responded "Who need too?" Some of us are addicted to buying/finding fabric. Galatotesa