Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tired of quilting? >

Tired of quilting?

Tired of quilting?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:32 AM

All the time. That's when I do a small project or get outside and work in the gardens.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:54 AM

I think it happens to most of us. Sometimes for months at a time, unfortunately. So when I'm in the mood I try to take advantage of it.

When I'm not in the mood to quilt, I create fabric postcards. Right now I'm burned out on fabric postcards and only wanting to quilt!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:15 PM

:thumbup: :D It happens all the time to me.. I have 3 quilts going at once... make tops, batting, backing.. www.projectlinus.org..
always makeing quilts for needy children..
Old 05-21-2011, 01:28 PM

That is why I have 3 or 4 going at once and one is always a hand project. Variety is the spice of life. When I get sick of one I move to the other.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Yes, I just finished two huge quilts at the same time for the same person and have not looked at even a pattern, I am now doing a redwork picture that is almost done then will think about the next quilt I have in my mind. Sometimes you just need to back off and take a break.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:43 PM

Yes, I have been burnt out before. I give myself a break then I'm ready to sew again.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:46 PM

Nope. I just spent five hours putting our house back in order after a week of visiting relatives and I kept thinking about all the time I was using to other things than quilting. I love my BIL and SIL, it was a great visit; but I did manage to fit some quilting talk into the visit. I have some USMC material that I bought for my BIL who was a DI with the Corps and he was terrific in working with me on how he'd like his quilt to look.

I find myself planning out projects all the time and it gives me a very nice feeling. Sewing is my haven from the goofiness that goes on in our world.

I can certainly understand getting to the point where you need a break, that happened after six years of bead weaving. I'll go back to it eventually, but I think I spent every free minute with those little tiny beads and needed a break from it.

Fabric just makes me happy and I'm all for anything that does that 'cause when I'm feelin' good I am a better person all the way around.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM

Yes! I have too many unfinished projects because I lose interest before I finish and now I'm losing interest in the whole idea of quilting! But, I will not give up because I know that it will pass....just don't know when? :?: HANG IN THERE :!:
Old 05-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Me too. now I am making play clothes for my granddaughter. I hope to be quilting again in the Fall, but for now, sewing and crochet are calling.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:12 PM

I'm in a funk right now too.... the quilt I finally just finished isn't exactly as I envisioned, and when I tried to machine quilt it (Lg queen size), it bunched and was a mess, we tore it apart, quilted most of it by hand and it still had so many boo-boos that I was discouraged. My husband and I assembled the blocks together at a block-of the month class, so it means a lot to me... but anyway, I know what you mean. I'm taking a short break, looking for a project to inspire me. I'm thinking of some placemats, quick and instant gratification! Hang in there!