Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Face cream/lotion, eye cream >
  • Face cream/lotion, eye cream

• Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM

Aveeno brand works for me. I like their sunblock spray 85, and their lotion 70. My skin absorbs it enough that I don't feel greasy, but still have protection.
    Old 08-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    After recently running into several women I went to school with, I'm absolutely convinced their wrinkles are caused by makeup. I have never worn makeup and never made it a point to avoid the sun, and have barely a hint of laugh lines around my eyes. These women I've known forever, however, have been wearing makeup (especially foundation and cover-up) since we were 12 or 13, and they have TONS of crows feet and wrinkled skin around their eyes and mouth. I don't use any product other than a sugar scrub in the shower, and a basic scented lotion on my legs, elbows, and face after the shower.
    I've heard that actors face the same issues.
    Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
    I am allergic to a lot of products (and the odors of some of them cause real problems). When I was younger I went through Mary Kay, Avon, Alamay and then tried all the extensive stuff. Mom intorduced me to Oil of Olay, but i started having trouble with it when they added the sunscreen. The only one my face seems to tolerate now(though I have not tried coconut oil) is Olay Total Effects without sunscreen (when I can find it). I use Eucerna or Aveno for my hands and body, which is a bit less sensitive.
    For some reason I have to alternate my skin products. I've tried almost everything from drug store to $$$ brands and found that over time each creates some kind of skin issue. I've started using natural oils as suggested by others here and it seems to be working.....for now.

I also like goats milk soaps.
    Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 PM

I still swear by good old fashioned Noxema.
    Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    I use Clinique Anti-Aging but it's not inexpensive. Since I stay home I don't put on makeup everyday so I just just use the moisterizing lotion and eye serum...love the eye serum! I watch for the bonus deal and usually get a few good items I can try for free. I wear the tinted moisterizer rather than full makeup which has a SPF15.

Wish I could use other less expensive products but my allergies just won't let me. Way too many things break me out so it's double the $$ anyway. If I end up allergic to Clinique or don't like a new product, I can return it for a refund or try something else. I really only buy products about twice a year.

Right now, though, I am looking for a good eye makeup remover. Thought I could find one cheaper than the Clinique one although it is very good (for me). Haven't found anything yet though since I don't want to buy something I can't return.
    Nanasmom - I use baby shampoo for my eye makeup remover. I used to use Physician's Formula all the time and then I wasn't able to find it for a while. Then I was having a problem with one of my eyes and my opthamalogist (sp?) told me to wash my eyes with baby shampoo. Every since then that is what I use.
    Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sandyb
    Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    I use Clinique Anti-Aging but it's not inexpensive. Since I stay home I don't put on makeup everyday so I just just use the moisterizing lotion and eye serum...love the eye serum! I watch for the bonus deal and usually get a few good items I can try for free. I wear the tinted moisterizer rather than full makeup which has a SPF15.

Wish I could use other less expensive products but my allergies just won't let me. Way too many things break me out so it's double the $$ anyway. If I end up allergic to Clinique or don't like a new product, I can return it for a refund or try something else. I really only buy products about twice a year.

Right now, though, I am looking for a good eye makeup remover. Thought I could find one cheaper than the Clinique one although it is very good (for me). Haven't found anything yet though since I don't want to buy something I can't return.
    Nanasmom - I use baby shampoo for my eye makeup remover. I used to use Physician's Formula all the time and then I wasn't able to find it for a while. Then I was having a problem with one of my eyes and my opthamalogist (sp?) told me to wash my eyes with baby shampoo. Every since then that is what I use.
    That is exactly what the eye doctor here told my Grandfather to do for his eyes. I thought it was a bit harsh but he said it did not sting his eyes and he was careful to rinse really well.
    Old 08-24-2011, 02:42 PM

I am currently using ROC and really like it. Bought at Walmart with coupon, use the serum at night and moisture by day.

Also like Oil of Olay....been using it on and off for years and years.
    Old 08-24-2011, 02:50 PM

I like the Aveeno Simply Calming with 15 spf. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out or get red. It's $14-15 at WalMart.
    Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 PM

I have used Clinique Eye Makeup Remover for many years & love it. However, 2 yrs ago my Eye Dr told me to stop using it and use Baby Shampoo. Told me to even dilute it 1/2 shampoo & 1/2 water if I wanted. We need to get our eye lashes and eye lids close to the lash line extremely clean or you can get little mite like things. I forget the name but it can cause lash loss. Scared me so I went right over & bought a bottle of Baby Shampoo. Shared with my DD as a bottle will last forever.

I have extremely dry skin mainly on my body. I use Lancome products on my face and Vaseline to moisturize my legs & arms. Original Eucerin Cream helps a lot also. I bought a pr of softening gloves and soak my hands either in cream or vaseline and sleep with my gloves on. My hands look great.

I am 58 and used to slather on baby oil & lie in the sun. Need to have some places removed now due to this horrid thang of wanting to be so tan. I have a fair complexion and have to use a foundation to smooth out the brown spots or splotchy places on my face. I do stay out od the sun as much as possible, I do not have many wrinkles Thank the Lord but I do have to always use a moisturizer after I wash. I have tried Avon, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder, Clinique, ever OTC brand out there and Lancome is the best foundation for me. Please you young women.....Take good care of your skin!!! Forget being a tan goddess. Protect your skin from all elements. You will be so thankful when you hit your mid years.
    Old 08-25-2011, 12:07 AM

I don't use chemicals so I use either Sukin or AKin moisturisers and natural instinct sunscreen. I notice the difference big time when there are no nasty things in them.