Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Face Cream?

Best Face Cream?

I am now in my mid-60s and have been on the search for a really good daily face cream or moisturizer. Since I live in Arizona and golf, I need something with sun screen. I have tried products from the local pharmacy, along with higher-priced products from Macys, Dillards and Saks. To be honest, right now I'm not seeing a huge difference in any of the products but maybe it's because I'm constantly switching what I use.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    right now i'm using vitamin c cream at night. I notices a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
    it doesn't have sunscreen it it though. Maybe try a vitamin store for a great value. I used to use
    Lancôme tinted moisturizer with a sun screen in it . maybe that will work for you.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I use this

https://www.avon.com/product/48041/a...pf-15-oil-free

Mom was an 'Avon lady' when I was a kid (now almost 57), I can order it online, and I'm happy with it
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I use nothing with fragrance or dyes. I have very dry skin so Lubriderm works for me. Have never been able to use Avon, Loreal, or Olay and few others. Have to use non-allergenic.

I like St. Ives, "Facial Moisturizer, Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin". It's fragrance free and not too heavy; I use it as my makeup remover, to put on after showering, or just anytime my face feels dry. It says it reduces wrinkles but I'm still pretty young (just shy of 40) so I don't really see a difference; I use it mostly just to sooth dry skin and so I'm not using harsh chemicals to remove makeup.

I picked it because it's the closest thing I could find to the old face cream my Gran used to use - she looked beautiful right up to the end and I'd like to do the same if I can!

No sunscreen in it, though. It's not very expensive, less than $10 for a pretty big tub.

I`m way over 70 and a farm wife, spent a lot of time out doors bailing hay, driving tractor, picking stones, chopping corn and what ever on the farm, not to mention a hugh garden and large lawn I took care of. I should have taken better care of my skin, but who had the time. I just started to use face cream now. I have RAINTREE beauty cream by Noxzema, VITAMINE E skin cream by fruit of the earth, & you guessed it udderly smooth body cream by redex industries inc. Every night I put one of these on and my face is soft & smooth, I don`t know which one or the combination that works.

I love the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, but it is pricy. Also doesn't have sunscreen in it so I use the neutrogena dry touch SPF 50 sunscreen.

Exfoliiation is a must. It gets rid of the dry skin. The moisturizer is more effective then. I use the "day" and "night" creme. I am a BeautiControl fan. Love their skincare . They have different levels of skincare. I get compliments on my skin. Been using it for 15-20 years.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Junior Member Retiredandquilting's Avatar
    I use ST. Ives Timeless Skin. I have used it do 30+years, and have fabulous skin. It is also inexpensive. I think the directions say twice daily, but I am not much of an outdoor person, so I so not in the elements much. Once a day works for me.
    Sue In Bloomfield, NY

no sun screen but Olay regenerist is great, I use Equate and can't see any difference

I love Mary Kay skin care products. I've been using MK since college and I receive compliments on my complexion. Plus, people tend to think I'm about 10 to 12 years younger than I am!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

I use plain old Oil of Olay, original, but they do make one with sunscreen. My mom always used it and when she died at 92. barely had a wrinkle on her face. I'm almost 65, and have no wrinkles, not even crows feet. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I don't think there is a sunscreen in it but I really like Clinique Dramatically Different lotion. It is very light, does not clog pores but does a fantastic job of moisturizing. Closing in on 60, this is now really starting to be a necessity!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
    I use plain old Oil of Olay, original, but they do make one with sunscreen. My mom always used it and when she died at 92. barely had a wrinkle on her face. I'm almost 65, and have no wrinkles, not even crows feet. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    This is what I use, too, and receive compliments on how my complexion remains "young". Yes, they have one with sunscreen. I don't use it for sun protection though. Usually use a sun screen if that's what I really want for being outside but Oil of Olay for everyday use as a moisturizer. This is not a greasy substance. Remember the days (nights!) of Noxema??

Face Cream

Please check out (online) Paula Begoun and Beautypedia. She sells her own products but also recommends others. My 25 year old daughter bought me the face kit (soap, toner, etc.) and came home for a visit about one month later and couldn't believe my skin. She immediately ordered one for her skin type and will never use anything else. The lotions have suncreen.

I have been using the Avon Anew products and am very happy with the results.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

I use Aveeno baby wash and Aveeno baby moisturizer on my face, neck and chest. I'm 71 and no one believes how old I am. No wrinkles yet.

Paula Begouns' products are wonderful and she has sunscreen built into most of them. The face cleaning kits for your skin type are life changing. You can google Beautypedia and she has an endless review of other companies products (drug store and high end) based on the ingredients. I love PAULA BEGOUN!
    Sorry this is a double post, it said my last one was deleted since I was not logged in??????

Blog Entries
    I use Oil of Olay with sunscreen, plus being a golfer myself, I do have a sunscreen made just for the face. I don't believe in buying expensive stuff as the lesser price work just fine.
    TxCaRose

Blog Entries
    My Mother used Avon all her grown-up life. I think WHATEVER you use, it has to be done EVERY DAY! She was 91 when she died and her face had no wrinkles. She used it until the day she died. I also think the genes play a big part.

Sandy Girl, I used to be a BeautiControl dealer and thought not now I still use their products on my face. Since I have so much extra products laying around I've been trying to use it up. I loved their extreme hand creme in the tube. Though it was expensive by modern day prices it was totally worth it. I've given some of my smaller kits away to the ladies around here. I too am in the Midwest now and still play outdoors in the garden during the summer so try to keep lathered so not to get dried out or burnt.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    I am a Mary Kay person myself--responsible for keeping my rep in her pink Cadillac; I've used it since my sister was a dealer way back in the 70's. Old habits are hard to break, I guess. I am six years older than my better half, but no one can tell by looks--he won't use Mary Kay.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

I've been using the Avon Anew Ultimate line and I love it. I am 60 and it gives me just enough moisture and it does not irritate my skin. The two part eye creams are great too. They do not bother my eyes. I won't stop using it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    Sandy Girl, I used to be a BeautiControl dealer and thought not now I still use their products on my face. Since I have so much extra products laying around I've been trying to use it up. I loved their extreme hand creme in the tube. Though it was expensive by modern day prices it was totally worth it. I've given some of my smaller kits away to the ladies around here. I too am in the Midwest now and still play outdoors in the garden during the summer so try to keep lathered so not to get dried out or burnt.
    I am still a consultant tho not an active one. I buy for my needs and if my friends want anything. LOVE the Extreme Repair Hand Creme! I stock up, in gpfact. It is the best!

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
    I don't think there is a sunscreen in it but I really like Clinique Dramatically Different lotion. It is very light, does not clog pores but does a fantastic job of moisturizing. Closing in on 60, this is now really starting to be a necessity!
    I used to use that but when I hit 40, it quit doing the job for me. Everyones skin is different and one size does not fit all. One has to find what works for them.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast