Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Face Cream?

Blog Entries
    I use Murad. I love it. It is best priced buying it thru their website. Sign up for their newsletter, they always have something you get for free with your order. I love the rapid age spot remover. I use their whole line of creams. Kinda pricey but they last months. After using them for 3 weeks I stopped in at my moms and she wanted to know what my new makeup was that I was wearing. I am 57 and didn't have any makeup on except mascara. I was at my sisters the next day and my mom had told her about how good my skin looked. Both of them placed an order.

I am using coconut oil. It looks like lard and I use it all over when I get out of the shower.

Paula Begoun's books might be helpful. She examines the products of skin care and make - up and gives her verdict re value for money. I have extra dry, sensitive skin and find that aqueous cream and sorbilene cream to be the best moisturisers after petroleum jelly but we have different sun products over here that are possibly unavailable to you.
    Last edited by jitkaau; 03-28-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
    Paula Begoun's books might be helpful. She examines the products of skin care and make - up and gives her verdict re value for money. I have extra dry, sensitive skin and find that aqueous cream and sorbilene cream to be the best moisturisers after petroleum jelly but we have different sun products over here that are possibly unavailable to you.

Paula Begoun has more up to date info on line at Beautypedia.

I was using NO.7 but the consultant at the beauty counter suggested I try Reversa, I've been using it for a while and the day cream has SPF in it. My skin feels nice and soft.
    Last edited by julybaby8; 03-28-2015 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
    I use Aveeno baby wash and Aveeno baby moisturizer on my face, neck and chest. I'm 71 and no one believes how old I am. No wrinkles yet.
    It's good to know. You don't have to use the most expensive products to get good results

Quote Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
    I use plain old Oil of Olay, original, but they do make one with sunscreen. My mom always used it and when she died at 92. barely had a wrinkle on her face. I'm almost 65, and have no wrinkles, not even crows feet. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    I agree. Have been using Oil of Olay Complete (has sunscreen ) Sensitive for many years. They now seem to promote it as a sunscreen product but when I compared bottles it was the same as I've been using. It is a very good moisturizer.
    Sally

CRO
    Another Oil of Olay user here. Have used it for years as has my mother. Really like how non greasy and light it is.

I use Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream SPf42 PA+++
    cream during the day. It's good for my skin and gives a nice looking finish to my face. BB cream is the cream used when women have a face lift or other procedures to moisturize the skin and keep it supple. It is not the BB cream you find on the shelf.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    no sun screen but Olay regenerist is great, I use Equate and can't see any difference
    I have used Olay from my twenty's. and started using the regenerist serum, night cream and daytime lotion with sunscreen from the time it came out. I like it a lot and am ask often what I use. The South Texas sun is very hard on skin also.

Power Poster
    I use Olay products only....Love them a lot....

I have rosacea and my dermatologist recommended CaraVe and it is great and not expensive. also has the facial cleaner. very good. can pick up at WM or most any where.

I've tried just about everything myself, from drugstore to clinique, lancome, you name it. What have I been using for the last 6 months that works wonderfully? Ponds. Yup, Ponds face cream and moisturizer. I put on the face cream at night, wash it off with a warm paper towel and let my face re-moisturize itself. In the morning I just use warm water and a light coating of moisturizer. I love it. My skin looks dewy and it's very soft. I'm 57 and live in New Hampshire.
    Nancy

Just keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
    I've tried just about everything myself, from drugstore to clinique, lancome, you name it. What have I been using for the last 6 months that works wonderfully? Ponds. Yup, Ponds face cream and moisturizer. I put on the face cream at night, wash it off with a warm paper towel and let my face re-moisturize itself. In the morning I just use warm water and a light coating of moisturizer. I love it. My skin looks dewy and it's very soft. I'm 57 and live in New Hampshire.
    I used Ponds many, many years ago. Someone also mentioned Noxema, which I remember using when I was in high school.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'm anxious to try some of the suggested products!

I've been using lotion with glycolic acid for 22 years and people say I don't look my age. I use the hand/body lotion because the one that is exclusively for the face has been pasteurized, which negates the glycolic acid. The hand/body lotion is pasteurized, however, the glycolic acid is added after it cools. Glycolic acid in the raw form does an excellent job reducing fine lines. It's also a lot cheaper this way.

http://prokera.com/products/prokera_...ody_lotion.php
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

When I was younger I used Clairins products, which I loved, but they got way too expensive, so I switched to Origins. They've raised their prices to just below outrageous, so when I retired I went to Olay Regenerist, which works as well, if not better, than the pricy ones. I'm just now starting to see some very fine lines, which I believe are more hereditary (mom & grandmother both had them), but will keep up the good fight!
    Wendy in FL

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2