Pets

Old 09-24-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by wolflady
I have 2 Italian Grayhounds, they are brothers and are now 4 yrs old. Dusty's mi-a-tuk, is a very active dog. Nish-na-be Bob, is very laid back. Both are very lovable and spoiled rotten. lol

We have 4 Italian Greyhounds, and run an iggy rescue. Right now there are 8 in the house, but that is a low number lately. They range from really timid to really social, and young to old, but they all keep up busy.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:36 PM

My DH is a new daddy to a deutsch drahthaar. He's now 7-months old and still a real handful.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261772.jpe  
Old 09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
KLO

We have one dog, a Blue Heeler mix named Cheyenne who is 1 1/2 years old that we got from a local rescue group, and a cat named Amber who is 16 years old and is not doing too good at the moment .... each day is a gift now. We are looking to adopt another dog for a companion to Cheyenne.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:59 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by b.zang
My DH is a new daddy to a deutsch drahthaar. He's now 7-months old and still a real handful.
I have never heard of this breed before but she looks just like the German Shorthaired Pointer that I grew up with except for the hairy muzzel. Lovely dog and I'll bet a great field dog too.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Cyn

5 cats, a jack russell and a beagle live in our house :)
Old 09-24-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by KLO
I have never heard of this breed before but she looks just like the German Shorthaired Pointer that I grew up with except for the hairy muzzel. Lovely dog and I'll bet a great field dog too.
It is virtually the same breed. In fact, I think deutsch drahthaar is German for German shorthair. A versatile hunting dog, he will point, retrieve on land or water, and blood track. We're busy training him although most of it is just giving purpose to the instincts.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:08 PM

Our household has 5 dogs...2 black scotties, (my daughter and son in law's) one tan and white corgi(my granddaughter's) and 2 chihuahuas(one is is daughter's) who think they are 85 pound rotwielers...My personal one is Daisy a chihuahua. I have had her for 5 years. Got her at 5 weeks. Needless to say when the doorbell rings you think you are living in a kennel!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:08 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by KLO
It is virtually the same breed. In fact, I think deutsch drahthaar is German for German shorthair. A versatile hunting dog, he will point, retrieve on land or water, and blood track. We're busy training him although most of it is just giving purpose to the instincts.
Dummy me, now I see that the German does translate to German Shorthair. Geez, and I had German in college but that was many moons ago and I did not do well. Our dog, Lady, was a natural too. She was a pet but my Dad used her for hunting too. Once we got her, we had pheasant every Thanksgiving and lots of quail too. She loooooved to get out in the woods and fields and would leap into the air over and over when my Dad got his binoculars out. Good luck with yours. PS: Just looked this dog up and it turns out that it came from the German Shorthair bred with several other dogs and the difference mainly is the wired hair. Lady had a very smooth coat. Just an FYI. Interesting.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:46 PM

We had 2 springers. Holly was from the shelter, deaf, and had separation anxiety. She was only with us for 2.5 years and then we had to put her down. That was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Now we are down to 1 springer, Sam. He is the most wonderful companion and we love him to pieces!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:54 PM

we had raisied cock-poo for a while and gave them away about two years ago we lost mom and in november we lost the father and this year sept 19, 2011 we lost our one and only curly she was white and curly. my cock-poo. we both loved her and she was part of the family and did everything with us and traveled and went camping and eat about anything that you eat. we are missing her dearly.