Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:33 AM

I really don't see the negativity that you are talking about. I read the titles before I open them. I thought this was about some sort of carp quilt or I wouldn't of read it.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 AM

thank you
Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

I have found nothing but informative questions, good advice, great information, necessary warnings, the most beautiful quilts, great tutes, wonderful sites to visit, some delicious recipes and requests for prayers and even a place to gripe, who else but a quilter would understand. No complaints here!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 AM

we all have frustrations...and a need to vent..so.froggy..don't read the negative posts
Old 09-25-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se
No offense, but I think that you perhaps don't read enough of the threads posted on this board....Every single day I read posts that thank other board members for their help and graciousness, posts that sing the praises of the the Lord or another higher power, posts that congratulate other board members for their accomplishments, for their children's and grandchildren's accomplishments, posts that offer loving help, donations and prayers to those in need, posts that celebrate the lives that we are living - both the good and the bad, the pleasant and the unpleasant. There are awesome, loving and giving people who participate in this board. Of course sometimes some of us bitch about one thing or another - but those posts as far as I'm concerned are far, far outweighed by the vast number of supportive, welcoming and loving messages conveyed by so many here. For that, I thank you all.
I agree Very well said. Thanks for putting those words in my mouth.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
I really don't see the negativity that you are talking about. I read the titles before I open them. I thought this was about some sort of carp quilt or I wouldn't of read it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 AM

Venting & carping are not the same thing. There's much more praise and good information given here than there is venting and there is very little carping.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:46 AM

Gotta say it! This board is the most positive place on the web. And I have been around it helping with all kinds of research. I know there are "vents" but mostly they lead us to be forewarned or think carefully about something that someone else has experienced to help us avoid that ourselves.
Here, I know I am among friends. Heck, I even get a good feeling looking at the names and avatars! The moderators do an excellent job and I am so grateful for this atmosphere. Except among this group of quilters, I have not found its equal. Perhaps we could use moderators like ours in the "real" world.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
I looked it up in the dictionary to be sure it was what it was !!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
LOL i think you were just doing what you did not want to see on the board. It is hard sometimes to always be upbeat. Have a great day and smile
Ditto >> I see a lot of people on this board singing the praises of someone else. Then there are people who need someone to vent to. Thats great, because if you keep it bottled up you will explode. I feel we are all sisters and brothers in quilting and we should be there for you in the bad times as well as the good times. Just saying.........