Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do some commercials just make you shake your head? >

Do some commercials just make you shake your head?

Do some commercials just make you shake your head?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 AM

Try your public broadcasting station. The ads are minimal and not mind insulting, the programs are good, often fascinating, and they don't dwell on unrealistic sex but more on reality (for those of us who are not swingers or sex obsessed). They also have quilting programs.

None of my children allow my grand children watch sitcoms.... they can't believe how ranchy they have become. The rancheous we listen to is on the radio and their names are Click and Clack.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:26 AM

I hate the one with all the kids in the car making strange noises one at a time until they all sound dorky, including their actor parents. No idea what the commercial is for, just think it's a waste of their money and my time.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 AM

And here I just spent 10 minutes reading about these stupid, ignorant ads. I can remember the ads but not the products.

I feel insulted and will not buy those products.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
There's a commercial for the upcoming new show Project Accessory where one of the designers very blatantly holds up his middle finger. If that's what the show is like I won't be watching it!
Now that I didn't even notice. hmmm.. I am looking forward to see what kind of things they come up with. The only reason I watch Project Runway is for the designs. I am jealous no way could I ever do what they do. lol Oh and Tim he seems like such a nice guy.

I am loving everyones opinions about the commercials I totally agree on the AT&T one and the diaper and trojan one TMI thanks . The Aflak commercials are pretty funny, I liked the old geico lizard and of course the geico squirrel one was hysterical. (sorry twisted sense of humor sometimes) My favorite funny was one a long time ago for some vaccum cleaner and it had a cat on the stairs that POOFED and lost all its hair.
I generally channel switch when there is a commercial on so I don't see them all that often.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra
Try your public broadcasting station. The ads are minimal and not mind insulting, the programs are good, often fascinating, and they don't dwell on unrealistic sex but more on reality (for those of us who are not swingers or sex obsessed). They also have quilting programs.

None of my children allow my grand children watch sitcoms.... they can't believe how ranchy they have become. The rancheous we listen to is on the radio and their names are Click and Clack.
Love Click and Clack and Wait wait don't tell me. And Prairie home companion. LOL
Old 10-26-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pegleg
Commercials are the reason I DVR most everything I really want to watch just so I can buzz through them.
My all time hated commercial was a few years back when Quizno's had that awful rat-looking thing with the big ugly teeth saying Quizno subs. Haven't ate there since.
Because of that commercial I have NEVER eaten at Quizno's creepy thing
Old 10-26-2011, 06:55 AM

the improper English that is used today, even in commercials.is unbelievable.........

Doesn't anyone check and double check before they are put on air or is it that they just don't care?

Perhaps, they know no better !!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 AM

I agree with all of you about the stupid and gross comercials. If you notice, most commercials, and even the sitcoms have made men and especially fathers look stupid and inadequate for years. Fathers are always the butt of the jokes, and end up being the one with no sense at all. To change the direction of comments, how about commercials that you like.... My favorite, and I must admit I don't know what it advertises, is the cutest little elephant dancing in the rain. I evokes an aah! from me everytime. I remember when I was a kid there was a Gravy Train dog food one with a huge great dane and some baby ducks that got that same aah when I saw it. Anyone remember that one?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 AM

I don't think they pay much attention to English and Grammar in the schools anymore and these kinds of things is where it shows!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 AM

It use to be the women who were the ones who couldn't dress themselves without the mens help in commercials now its gone in the other direction.
Have you noticed people tend to do this in a lot of things not just commercials? Its all or nothing. There is no middle ground . I guess they figure they have to be insulting someone to get their point across.