Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your opinion on Walmart's fabric and dept? >

What is your opinion on Walmart's fabric and dept?

What is your opinion on Walmart's fabric and dept?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM

I don't purchase fabric from Walmart.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 AM

I like my WalMart at Wynne, AR. We have to ring for help but someone comes quickly and always VERY friendly.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 AM

Mine is either hit or miss. Sometimes they have pretty good stuff, other times its not so good.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM

The fabric that my Walmart has comes pre cut and folded on cardboard. It looks cheap and feels like sand paper. They use to have it by the yard and it was better then. I don't even bother looking anymore.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 AM

I am really disappointed in the fabric department. Their selection hasn't improved. The fabrics are arranged helter-skelter all over the place. The prices are high with no real "bargain" lower priced fabic like before. I have a couple stores close by and really not impressed with any of them. But then what should expect from Walmart - great quantity, great quality, all at a great price. I don't think so. Same goes for your local Joann's. Really disappointed in the one near me. Just not the store I used to shop in. Big thumb down on the fabrics at Walmart.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 AM

We're getting a new Wal Mart in Gardnerville ... supposed to be completed this year! We'll see if it happens. I'm hoping that they carry fabric, as the one in North Minden (Douglas County) does not. When the store was in Carson City, it did carry fabric. It was of decent quality then. It will just be nice to be able to get simple sewing supplies locally and not have to run into Carson City all the time to Jo Anns. Our LQS has supplies, but at a higher price. Their fabric is WONDERFUL - of course!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM

I having been buying the and maling Block of the Month quilts for the past 8 years. I has sold several of the quilts and I like there block of the month materials. I think its better quality.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:35 AM

I'm not impressed. My closest Walmart never lost its fabric department, but I've only purchased a couple of things there. Usually the customer service is poor, as the craft person is also responsible (or it seems) for stocking in either shoes, auto, or sporting goods (the 3 departments adjacent to crafts @ my store) or worse, someone from that department is covering crafts. The colors don't always seem right (brightness, value, tone, shades of the colors in the print) and like a prior poster said, they carry the same print for several years, which makes me wonder exactly how old a particular bolt might be. I also feel that most of the fabric quality is poor and very thin. In my opinion, I can get better fabric, prices, and service at Hobby Lobby, Joann's, or Hancock Fabrics using coupons.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Still hoping Wal-Mart will bring back a full fabric department in Phenix City, AL. They have pre-cuts and I don't like most of them. The quality is poor in my opinion. I did buy a couple of fat quarters, but still think they aren't very special
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM

I don't buy any from Walmart anymore, poor quality, service very poor, get snarled at if you ask a question. Sad that most of the patterns are gone. I like our local quilt shop, it is more expensive but totally worth getting quality fabric!!