Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Round Robin #10 Humming birds >
  • Round Robin #10 Humming birds

• Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 PM

Thanks Jan! This is the first time I've been on the board since last week

Today was day 1 of week 6. Seriously, Dec 4th can't come soon enough.
    Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM

Gotta' give you lots of credit missy, teaching is not easy. When my kids were in school, I can honestly say that is the ONE person I respected the most, teachers. They had them time wise as much as I did!
    Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM

Those windmills are SUPER CUTE! What a fabulous idea and a perfect complement for the tractor.
    Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 AM

teaching is for the other people especially teaching KIDS THAT AGE. ugh!!! I can see k through say 4th grade then it is not so much fun and gets worse each year! your such a BRAVE woman. I figure having had teens I wouldn't want anyone elses to smart me. that would have broken this camels back for sure. My teens were vocal (daughter) or worse yet rebellious (the boys) and I had a hard time being the wench all the time. Single mom I had to do it however. Now I think its hard to believe how well they are basically doing in life. Still so young they know it all but time will mellow that some I believe. That and having some of their own children We always called it the Gypsy curse. My mom used to say YOU VAIT! VON DAY U Vil have children of your own. She always pointed at us when she said it and well.. it worked. and so being a good caring mom I did the same thing to my own. grin.. payback..

love to see some quilts ladies.. if your not working on this what are you working on?
    Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 PM

Day 1 of week 7 over. My first official observation (out of two) done. I need to show lots of growth from the first to the second and so I went it and gave it my I'm-sicker-than-a-dog-high-on-dayquil best. I started crying halfway through because I'm not sure why. I'm so stressed my head just shut down. So anyhow... in 3 or 4 weeks when we do the second one, I'm absolutely sure I'll have grown leaps & bounds!
    Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 PM

Kelly, relax! I know easy to say but this is so in your heart and you want to do it, that's what makes it special. Those kids are not stupid and neither are the "judges"....they will see your spirit shinning through. If this is something you still want with all your heart they will feel that and sense it too. I think that would make a perfect teacher. The one who really cares and gives it her or his all.....as a parent I just knew and so did my kids. You'll be just fine and you are one of those special ones that will make a difference.
    Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 PM

ditto on that Jaba. I agree, it takes someone very special to do this. Your it Kelly! you 'get' the kids these days which is more than I can say. could be cause your still a kid inside

I received the tractor center today from Kelly. I wont get to it til later in the week but its exciting! I can not believe all the farm fabric that came with it. WOW that truly is a collection of goodies to chose from. I am so tempted with the cow fabric. me and the cows.. I love them. what a great quilt this will be. pictures to come shortly when I start working on it. Promise to show sneak peaks of the fabric I choose. Don't worry ladies there is enough here for all of us to work with. amazing!
    Old 10-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Wow. How pretty.....love that tractor....

UOTE=TheMamaHauser;6298094][ATTACH=CONFIG]436424[/ATTACH]

I finished putting everything together tonight. Apparently the corner blocks are called periwinkle(s) - everything on the outside round is paper/foundation pieced. I have a metric ton of IH/"red tractor" fabric to send along for you all to use (Well, really it's not me so much as Teri sent to me and I'm sending it along to you all).[/QUOTE]
    Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 PM

I heard from Shelley / sisastitcher today. We're all good to go.
    Old 10-16-2013, 05:43 AM

well that is a major relief.. phew. is she ok? just busy as all heck? hope she can find some time to come on board and chat with us