Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews? >

Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews?

Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
I am most likely going to get a Kenmore machine today at Sears, I heard they are made by Bernina, so they are very comparable. I am looking at getting this one:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...sewing+machine

I'd love to hear any opinions on it if anyone has one. My current machine (a Singer, bought 3 years ago) is literally taped together since I have dropped it one too many times, so anything is a step up right now. My price range is about $300, so this seems like the best choice out there for that price. I am really looking forward to the needle down feature on it mostly!!!

Cheers!
Rachel
My across the street neighbor makes beautiful quilts on a Kenmore that is about 45 years old. She would not trade her Kenmore for the most expensive machine available.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by LindaR
I have to use the needle down button also but my computer machine is a few years old....what brand do you have that when you hold the button down it will end with needle down??? I'll have to check my manual. I have a small brother that I take to classes and it has needle down, thread cutter and every stitch ever invented and I love it. When I go back to the Kenmore I'm always looking for the thread cutter LOL
My new Kenmore does this. If I press the needle up/down button prior to starting sewing, the needle will go down and then when I sew and stop it’ll end down. But if I start with the needle up, it’ll end up and I’ll have to press it to get it down at that point.

I was just going to write and tell the same for my Kenmore........
up starting/up ending
and the same for needle down.........!!!!!!!!!!

Maryjane

Rachel
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 PM

And the thing where it ends needle down is coming in reeeaaal handy with my free motion quilting!!!!!! Especially since i haven't gotten used to a smooth start and stop yet!!! I am having so much fun with my new machine!!! The throat is small, so I don't think I'll manage much more than a lap quilting on there, but I am still having fun with it!!

Cheers!!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:15 AM

They are made by Janome. You can use the Janome site for questions and chat.

The machine is a workhorse
ceegee