Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week? >

MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week?

MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week?

Old 07-07-2010, 08:36 AM

Finish the Bow Tuck purse I started couple days ago. Mend the shorts my son brought home for me to do. Do the storyboard for "How To Sew On A Button", this will be an 'altered book' as a Christmas present for said son. He knows how to sew, he made a coat once. I'm also going to make up a sewing kit to acompany the booklet. This should take me right up to the weekend.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 AM

I have this week off from work and have been trying to motivate myself to get my list of items accomplished. So far, I've accomplished 1 out of 4. It's been extremely hot and humid here in Michigan this week. The list is:
1. Complete my neice's graduation quilt. (Done and delivered. Pictures in another post.)
2. Buy and install a new dishwasher.
3. Replace the brakes on my daily driver car.
4. Go to my old house, get my old corvette started and move it to the new house.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 AM

It's Wed and I think I am ahead of schedule. Maybe I need to make a list every Mon morning! 2 out of 3 bindings done...Fabrics all put up...2 mor strips of OBW sewn together...About 1/2 way through quilting Beautiful Morning. Yeah!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:46 AM

I goofed this morn. As I was going through my most recent QB site, I tend to drift off into so many diff. links that I "X" out so many that I lose the orig. Konstantin/ site. Then for some reason, I can't find it anywhere. Not even in delete. I've done that before & don't understand where it went.
Can somebody please send me the site so I don't miss out on anything. It's almost noon & here I still sit here going through everything. Please>
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM

Pat, is this what you're looking for? Hope so!
http://www.quiltedparadise.com/n/8709.jsp

My goal is to get all clutter out of the utility room so I can get a new water heater installed on Fri. At the same time I will have to clean out the area under the kitchen sink so the new garbage disposal can be installed. Been without it for a few weeks and it's driving me crazy. Also finish moving fabric that will fit into my pantry/fabric closet. It has been in totes so I really like being able to view it. Will post pics when I'm done. Additionally I am walking 10,000 steps or more each day "all at once" so I can get my time in.
DI
Old 07-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriholic
Pat, is this what you're looking for? Hope so!
http://www.quiltedparadise.com/n/8709.jsp

My goal is to get all clutter out of the utility room so I can get a new water heater installed on Fri. At the same time I will have to clean out the area under the kitchen sink so the new garbage disposal can be installed. Been without it for a few weeks and it's driving me crazy. Also finish moving fabric that will fit into my pantry/fabric closet. It has been in totes so I really like being able to view it. Will post pics when I'm done. Additionally I am walking 10,000 steps or more each day "all at once" so I can get my time in.
DI

Yes, that is it. Thanks so very much. I felt so lost since I couldn't get through the whole list that I had to break down & get some work done. Had to sweep winter's worth of pine needles off two upper decks. Tidied up my sewing rm. Then played around with FMQ again. It was such a mess that I grabbed a quilted turkey wallhanging I made yrs. ago & did FMQ on it. Who knew!!!! It looks great. Those stitches were too sm. but it was still good. I think I need to move the fabric faster? Now I can go ck. the list now.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Top is finished and pressed but can't take pictures. Battery is dead in camera. Tomorrow I plan to get it sandwiched and quilted.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 PM

one done, other, not so sure, back flared up again. boo.

sorry about hubby's feet, but wanted to get it posted as done and not take time to photoshop.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81053[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81048.jpe   attachment-81049.jpe  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Going to post a goal I made up for myself yesterday in the hopes that it'll help me be accountable for it and accomplish it.

MY GOAL:
Iron the HUGE HUGE HUGE piles of fabrics sitting in baskets. They're recently purchased and have been washed and dried. I'm really tired of looking at the mess.

HOW WILL I MAKE IT HAPPEN?
Iron *at least* 30 minutes 2 times a day (longer if I have more time on days off).

Do you have a goal for this week?
OK!!OK!! I have just been reading re how we all love spending time reading, enjoying our wonderfully interesting, fulfilling Board... now :lol: :lol: :lol: I am really going to get something started or finished, today! ...in a minute :wink:
Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Goals of mine for the week - 1. to get at least 1/2 of the quilt done that I'm handquilting for another person... it's taking forever (procrastination MAY just be the problem!), 2. Make at least 4 more bags, 3. Sandwhich the girl baby quilt, 4. Begin peicing my daugthter's wedding quilt (she was married in Dec. 2009!)
:lol: :lol: I feel so at home, here