Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas. >

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 AM

Yeah -- does it count that I don't have on my pjs?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM

Wow, I would sure fail! I never wear a bra at home, am always in my nightgown, don't wear makeup--and have fun sewing that way. But I am always fearful that someone will come to the door--I have answered the door hiding behind it many times!! LOL and thanks for sharing.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 AM

That is too funny. :mrgreen:
Old 12-08-2010, 07:48 AM

That certainly was a great laugh!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 AM

PJ's are my favorite thing to dress in when I want to sew. It makes me stay home and get busy more so than if I get dressed & do my hair.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 AM

You all gave me a great laugh first thing in the morning. So glad I have company, I'm still in my flannel nightgown, hubby is still in his PJs. We have to go to the store this afternoon so we will get dressed, if we didn't, may not. When I retired I said, no more pantyhose, no more makeup, no more suits. Sure save a lot of money not buying all those things.
Last year one morning I had just put the color on my hair and was in the old robe I use for that purpose. There was a knock on the door and it was one of our RV friends who was camping nearby. We hadn't seen him for several years but keep up on line. I had the door to the bedroom closed and heard him and hubby talking. After about 5 minutes I couldn't stand it any longer and thought Oh what the heck, Robbie is a good friend and he will understand. So I opened the door and sat on the steps to talk with him. All of our RV buddies got a big kick out of the story.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 AM

You guys make me feel so good. I never look nice for sewing, unless I just came from somewhere I had to look nice. I sew while waiting for the laundry to be done, I sew while cooking dinner, I sew while helping my preschooler with her letters. I'm hopeless! I almost always wear sweats or my pjs if I am not dressed yet........Who wants to be uncomfortable?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Right. Not happening. Not ever.

Although, if it got me the new sewing machine I want I might be convinced to sew in my negligee....

LOL

Okay, so I put on fleece sweats or blue jeans, a clean bra (they get in the way if I don't) and t-shirt, put my hair up into a pony tail, wash my face, put on some moisturizer and lip balm....get everyone out of the house. Twice a week I put pinesol in the toilets (to make it look/smell like I did something other than sew and hang out here) and make sure the dishes are done and dinner is cooking when they get home.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 AM

I do believe we need to look our best we can - but I have to add a story here -

My sweet quilting mother-in-law is always pretty prim and proper - just in case!

One day we dropped in on her at 2 in the afternoon! she had awakened at 3a.m. and the thought on her mind when she awakened, was how to make the quilt she was working on and having a problem with - and she is 91! She's made so many quilts you can't imagine anyone with her expertise having a problem, but she did - so she put on her robe over her pjs, and away she went to correct her problem; the quilt turned out beautifully - but when we dropped in at 2 in the afternoon - she first realized, she had not dressed for the day - she kept right on sewing - she'd downed a pot of coffee - eaten snippets here and there, and had not had dinner! She was so embarrassed especially since she had not even combed her hair - well, all these faults are certainly forgiveable once you saw the quilt she produced that day! and the problem she had was so minute - she can't imagine why the day before she had had so much trouble -

So, remember gals, not every day is a bad day just cause you don't have your lipstick on straight - or your socks pulled up - lol Have a great day sewing!!! Love you all! This is a great site! I look forward to it each day! The highlight of my day before getting busy with my own projects.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by jemma
of course ----who --whom??? --dosent ??? [help i dont own a lipstic]
Pm me and I will send you a lipstick so you can be perfectly
coifed. lol
PS me neither .
Penny