Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Tru glad to hear that you are over the flu bug - now just to get rid of that pesty period.

Missy you are the first that I have heard of that had a hysterectomy younger than I did. I was 24 when I had to have mine. Don't miss the monthly hassle.

Carrie do you take anything to help with all of the menopause ups and downs. I couldn't have made it without them and still can't. My kids use to call them my grouch pills.

Thanks,
Sherryl
I dont know very many people that had their hysterectomy as young as we did. I had to have it because of a placenta problem in my last pregnancy. So, the morning after my delivery I had a hysterectomy. I do not miss the monthly mess at all.

Missy
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by fivepaws
Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
So, Lynne, how's the walking going? I am interested in your progress!!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 PM

I was 27 when I had a hysterectomy due to cervical cancer. It was devastating to me as I wanted more children. It worked out as I adopted 2 later. Don't miss the periods ever.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Tru glad to hear that you are over the flu bug - now just to get rid of that pesty period.

Missy you are the first that I have heard of that had a hysterectomy younger than I did. I was 24 when I had to have mine. Don't miss the monthly hassle.

Carrie do you take anything to help with all of the menopause ups and downs. I couldn't have made it without them and still can't. My kids use to call them my grouch pills.

Thanks,
Sherryl
No I don't take anything. I just can't afford to have any more funds come out of our finances. But I am not to the point of being uncontrollable yet. If I can step away from a situation and take a 5 minute break then I am ok. I am one those who welcomes menopause, I figure the sooner I start the sooner I get it done. Trust me if it was really bad I would find a way to go to the Dr. and get help. :)
Old 01-09-2011, 01:22 PM

I used an over the counter soy product and still do for daytime even though all the other menopause stuff is done. It's called Estroven. They have a PM one to help you sleep, daytime energy one. It's just herbs and soy estrogen [which I understand does not cause the problems estrogen pills cause because it is a plant estrogen not asynthetic horomone]. I still use the energy one and take just melatonin now at night with B6 in it [used to combine it with the Estroven PM]. Your brain naturally produces melatonin which helps your brain come to a point of rest as you go to sleep, and it helps you stay asleep. Many people don't produce enough on their own or our current diet and lifestyle affects it. Both of my sons take it and it really helps them too. NOT habit forming or anything like that. I sleep much better now that I have it as a part of my daily regimen. It does take up to a month to see a difference as it is a natural product, not a sleeping pill. Not trying to convince anyone to take anything, just saying what worked for me.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

lentils have the highest amount of estrogen. for awhile I was having lentil soup every afternoon for a snack then I got tired of it. I think I should go back to doing that.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Cybrarian I sleep like a rock so that is not a problem. I think little man keeps me so busy during the day that I crash at night. So far I get the hot flashes tho not as bad since I took off the weight. My periods are horrid, a 36 pack of pads almost isn't enough. Every great once in a while I get the creepy crawlies. But this being pissed for no reason is what gets me the worse.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Do you think cooked lentils could be used like chick peas? If so you have so many great recipe ideas--whip up a veggie dip using lentils! I'm sure you could make it delicious and it would at least be a break when the soup doesn't sound good to you :-)

Note to Missy: Looked for your posting on the "My 3 Tortoises"thread. Lots of turtle pics and great comments!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:43 PM

checking in for the week. I RE-lost a pound this week :D but I have 9 more to get back to my September weight... so can't count anything yet... but I walked about a mile yesterday... I joined our ladies walking group at my church...
We will be walking at least 3 times a week. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay away from "temptations" that my dh and mother bring into the house...today DH bought cookies... I love most all cookies....the good thing is that this past week, when I eat sweet stuff, my stomach hurts...motivation to stay away from the sweets :D
Old 01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
I used an over the counter soy product and still do for daytime even though all the other menopause stuff is done. It's called Estroven. They have a PM one to help you sleep, daytime energy one. It's just herbs and soy estrogen [which I understand does not cause the problems estrogen pills cause because it is a plant estrogen not asynthetic horomone]. I still use the energy one and take just melatonin now at night with B6 in it [used to combine it with the Estroven PM]. Your brain naturally produces melatonin which helps your brain come to a point of rest as you go to sleep, and it helps you stay asleep. Many people don't produce enough on their own or our current diet and lifestyle affects it. Both of my sons take it and it really helps them too. NOT habit forming or anything like that. I sleep much better now that I have it as a part of my daily regimen. It does take up to a month to see a difference as it is a natural product, not a sleeping pill. Not trying to convince anyone to take anything, just saying what worked for me.
Estroven was one of the things I was going to recommend, put there are several different vitamins & minerals that help also all over the counter and not to expensive. Google natural menopause aids - I know Fish Oil and Flax seed oil are great ones.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter