Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
Hey guys, I gotta question, I'm gonna be away from home for a bit and won't be home next month to tell the world about my squishie receipt. I could take the stuff with me to mail, but I'm just thinking it over. It seems unfair to the sender to not let her know I recved for 2 or 3 weeks...
Tell me, oh, wise ones...should I sit out or go for it??? Inquiring minds want to know :P

I did just that this April, When I filled out my form for Suzanne I just had it state that I would not be home until a certain date. My SP sent it just right and it was there when I got home.

I would go ahead and do it.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM

I am still on the bench, postman here and gone and notta!!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Lovely packages are flying around here.
Terryl,you can make bags too!!!You must teach me a thing or two about sewing :thumbup:

Those on the bench, hope you get your packages soon, I'll share some of the raspberry iced tea that my pal sent me with you all.
Candi, that bag is a pattern I got from a board member here Larkspur Lane Designs, it's a quilted gift bag, was really easy to put together, FQ friendly, next one I make, I think I will put a little something stiff in the bottom.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
Hey guys, I gotta question, I'm gonna be away from home for a bit and won't be home next month to tell the world about my squishie receipt. I could take the stuff with me to mail, but I'm just thinking it over. It seems unfair to the sender to not let her know I recved for 2 or 3 weeks...
Tell me, oh, wise ones...should I sit out or go for it??? Inquiring minds want to know :P
Last month I knew that my Sp recipient was going to be away and wouldn't be back until the end of the month because she had put that in her information so I delayed sending my parcel until later and it arrived the day after she got back from her travels, so as long as you can send your package out and you put in your information that you will be away I don't think it would be a problem.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:47 AM

Last HINT to my SP. I hope she is watching her mail and this board!

Your item is out for delivery at 9:07 am on May 20, 2011 in FLATGAP, KY 41219.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:15 AM

It is a cloudy rainy day here and then....the mail came with the most wonderful package from my secret pal Raggedyann! Such a pretty package of blue and green fabrics, cute pattern, variegated thread (love!),rose appliques, rickrack (I adore rickrack!), lovely blue and green pincushion, darling notepad, and the cutest stress ball that says: when life throws you scraps..make a quilt...(scrappy quilts are my fav) and last but not least Lindor chocolates!!! Just a perfect package to put a smile on a rainy day!!!! Thanks sooooo much Raggedyann...you did good!!! {{happy dance}}
Attached Thumbnails attachment-199652.jpe  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 AM

LOL love that package and the stress ball especially.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
Well when I got home last night my firmy was waiting for me ... I was so excited I had to stop and open it before I went off to my quilting class.

I received many lovely things from TFQuitler.

I received a Snow man wall hanging kit that I will be doing after my quilting classes are done. I have one more class next Wednesday night. So after that I will be getting on it!!!

I received a homemade Santa that TFQuilter has made. He will be going with my collection!!! You did a wonderful job on him. I cant wait for Christmas now so that I can put him out. I actually think I will put him out anyhow!!!

Machine needles were also a great idea. I never thought of giving them in the swap and I am so happy that you sent me some as I know I will be using them.

And a seam ripper!!! I can't wait to try it out!!! I so needed one!!! I had just broke mine.

And of course the mint chocolates!!! My all time favorite. I have to confess I opened them up right away even before I ate supper and ate two of them. They are so yummy!!! I haven't had these kind before as in the maker of them. But they are delicious!!

And for the fabric! I so love the ladybugs!! It is very pretty... I haven't been able to find any here. So thank you. I am going to save it for something special and I am not sure yet what.

I also like the white and the red with the yellow .. also very pretty.

And the green I really really like it. What kind of fabric is this??? Is this what they call batik?? (pardon me but I am not sure as I am new to quilting)

Please enjoy the pics of my stash!!! I want to Thank you again to TFQuilter for the awesome package!!!
You are so welcome...:)
Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM

I have to apologize to my secret pal-I haven't mailed yet. It will be going out tomorrow, though!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Neena
It is a cloudy rainy day here and then....the mail came with the most wonderful package from my secret pal Raggedyann! Such a pretty package of blue and green fabrics, cute pattern, variegated thread (love!),rose appliques, rickrack (I adore rickrack!), lovely blue and green pincushion, darling notepad, and the cutest stress ball that says: when life throws you scraps..make a quilt...(scrappy quilts are my fav) and last but not least Lindor chocolates!!! Just a perfect package to put a smile on a rainy day!!!! Thanks sooooo much Raggedyann...you did good!!! {{happy dance}}
Its been raining here all night and little this morning!