Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 PM

Hi all...
Sounds like a lots been happening. My heart and thoughts to all who have had "bad stuff" happen. I will put you in my prayers.
Wake up tomorrow to a fresh day and fresh goals.
I didn't have a good day either. Ate bad stuff today but back on track tomorrow Pinky Promise!! It's late so goodnight all, I'll check back tomorrow.
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 AM

Well, I got on the scales today. Now at the beginning of January, I was still 250 lbs. On the 5th I was down to 240. Today I got on the scales and it said 230. No, I am not starving, I am eating 15 carbs every 2 hours from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm. I also started walking. I'm really hoping the scales are right and will stay down until the end of the month. I can't believe my good luck.

I also stopped eating willy-nilly. I've increased my fruit and veggies. I am not eating meat, but using soy protien, no fat, no sugar, no flour, no salt. My cholesterol is down to 159 and my triglicerides are down to 115. My hdl is 89 and my ldl is 54. My A1C is up to 6.3, but it may come down if I lose more of this weight.

I finally feel like life is coming under control again.

This weight loss may not last, so don't be discouraged. If I can't keep it off, it won't count for anything. But it sure feels good right now.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Doing the happy dance for you Gwyn!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:38 AM

GREAT job Gywn!! Keep it up!
I on the other hand, did weigh myself on the 1st. And....I have actually gained weight! ACK! So....I can't wait for nicer weather to come along so I can start walking!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I am curious what everyones opinion is on real sugar vs artificial sweetners. I know sugar is not good for you, but in small amounts I wonder if it is better for you than the artificial sweetners. I don't really drink pop but I like iced tea. I usually put sweet and low in it. Just wondering if others think it is good for weight loss or bad for it. There is so much conflicting information about it, it is hard to know what is true. :?
For me: No sugar AND NO SWEETENERS! I found that sweeteners trigger my sweet tooth just as badly as regular sugar. Another item that triggers my sweet tooth is starchy foods! So I'm really careful about the starches that I enjoy in my diet: yams and small red potatoes are my primary sources of starches.

Once my sweet tooth is triggered, I end up in a binge and that is bad for my weight loss....
Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Well, I got on the scales today. Now at the beginning of January, I was still 250 lbs. On the 5th I was down to 240. Today I got on the scales and it said 230. No, I am not starving, I am eating 15 carbs every 2 hours from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm. I also started walking. I'm really hoping the scales are right and will stay down until the end of the month. I can't believe my good luck.

I also stopped eating willy-nilly. I've increased my fruit and veggies. I am not eating meat, but using soy protien, no fat, no sugar, no flour, no salt. My cholesterol is down to 159 and my triglicerides are down to 115. My hdl is 89 and my ldl is 54. My A1C is up to 6.3, but it may come down if I lose more of this weight.

This weight loss may not last, so don't be discouraged. If I can't keep it off, it won't count for anything. But it sure feels good right now.
Fantastic! Keep it up Gwyn :D
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn

woot woot!!!!! :mrgreen:
Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 AM

Chicken Soup for the Soul: A Love Letter from Your Treadmill
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You

BY: Heidi Krumenauer

EmailShareComments (0)
An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes. An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school.
~David Walters

I see the way you look at me. Your head turns the other way as you walk by me on the way to the laundry room, hoping that I won't see the guilty look in your eyes as you pass me by. You never smile at me anymore. In fact, I hear you grunt when you pass me in the corner. And behind my back, you're telling all of your friends how much you hate me. You don't think I can hear you, but I can, and it hurts. You were on the phone last week, and I heard you say: "I know I need to get on the treadmill and start working out, but I just hate that thing. I just can't get motivated to start walking."

It wasn't always like that. When I was in the showroom, I watched you walk by and then return with a sparkle in your eye. You told the sales clerk that I was the one who was going to change your life. You said I was the perfect one for you. You had so many dreams, so many plans, and your new and improved life was going to start with me. You ran your fingers over my digital buttons and told the sales clerk that I was so sleek and so easy to use. And then you told him you had the perfect place in your home for me. Oh, those were the days, weren't they? You and I were a team. You needed me. You wanted me to be a part of your life. And now... well, now, I get a blank stare when you're in the room with me. You look at me as though I'm your enemy. I'm not your enemy. I haven't changed. You're the one who's decided you don't want me to be a part of your life.

I'm sorry that I'm whining. Maybe I'm being too hard on you. I guess you do use me once in a while -- but for hanging your wet laundry. Didn't the sales clerk tell you that the dryers were in the appliance department? I'm a treadmill!

Listen, I'm not going to be bitter. I just want you to know that I miss you. I miss the way you look at me with adoration. I miss the way you tell everyone that you're going to spend time with me every day. Instead, I see you with the refrigerator. I'm trying not to be jealous, but I swear you have that door open at least a couple dozen times a day. You're always buying it sweets and treats. You always smile when you reach for ice cream in the freezer. I've overheard lots of loving sounds whenever you're near it.

I realize that you might have given up on me, but I want you to know that I'm not going to give up on you. I'm loyal, and I will be there for you whenever you're ready. I believe in you. I'm just asking a couple favors, though. Please don't talk about me behind my back anymore or give me the evil eye when you walk by. I'm not evil, and I think you know that. You're just not ready to let me into your life right now. I realize that it might take something deep inside you to bring us closer together, but while you're soul searching could you just stop by once in a while? You don't have stay long. Just let me know that you still care -- about yourself.

I'll be here waiting for you. I'm not going anywhere.

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration...#ixzz1Ajta0xyj
Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 AM

Just a little motivation for us....
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 AM

Way to go Gwen!!! Post Before and after pics...We want to see your skinny bod. :D
I can't do the soy but i can cut the sugars and flours... I'm going to go do my mile on the treadmill. Then I need to finish the center I'm working on for group 13 in the IRR-3 and get the kitchen packed up...they are going to start work on restoration of my house from the flood I came home to on Dec. 1