Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum? >
  • Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

• Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Old 11-19-2013, 06:33 PM

I have the pet one downstairs. Works great for our 2 labs. Would love one for upstairs as well. I'm on my 4th or 5th cheapie for upstairs. Thinking it doesn't get the traffic, etc. The dog hair is just as bad upstairs and anything that the dirt goes through the hose to the bin/bag just clogs horribly. Just to cheap to get off the $$ for a 2nd dyson. One day, I'm sure.
    Old 11-20-2013, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
    I have used the Dyson and love it. When Consumer Reports and Better Housekeeping rated vacuum cleaners. Dyson was not amongst the top three recommended brands. There is one called Eureka Pet Lover Plus that costs $139.96 at Sam's and it is as good if not better than a Dyson, plus it is one of the 3 best buys by Consumer Reports and Better Housekeeping. I have a dog that sheds and am amazed what a good job it did. Great value for less money.
    i am not a fan of Consumer Reports. They base their opinions on a limited use / trial vs real life follow-up. Just my opinion. I would read their reports and also look for end-user reviews too. Dyson does not appeal to me. Oreck is not in my radar either, they seem flimsy.

I have a cheapy "pet" Dirt Devil upright from Walmart. Bagless, you should see the dog hair picked up!

BUT the real life Dyson users on this board offer constructive info.

Sandy
    Old 11-20-2013, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by mayday
    I have 2 modern ones that I HATE, big clumsy things, but have 4 of the original ones, I have 7 dogs who shed and hoover daily , all the dysons are v v good at picking up and of course have no bags ,get one do. Haven't got shares and do not like Dyson as a man!!!!!!!!
    why don't you like Mr. Dyson the man?

Sandy
    Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sandygirl
    i am not a fan of Consumer Reports. They base their opinions on a limited use / trial vs real life follow-up. Just my opinion. I would read their reports and also look for end-user reviews too. Dyson does not appeal to me. Oreck is not in my radar either, they seem flimsy.

I have a cheapy "pet" Dirt Devil upright from Walmart. Bagless, you should see the dog hair picked up!

BUT the real life Dyson users on this board offer constructive info.

Sandy
    Well put, Sandy. I read Consumer Reports and for the life of me can't understand their ratings on the Dyson. One of the "cons" is that there is no bag! Really? Of course if you dump it without being careful the dirt will fly, but, I put the canister inside a plastic grocery bag and empty it there. Plus it can be wiped out with a damp rag. I know I spent the cost of the Dyson on bags for the previous vacuums.