If you won the lottery

Old 04-24-2011, 01:41 PM

I hope my first dollars spent would be to help others. I need only so much. I would pay off all bills so financial worries were gone and then I would see how I could help others. I would start with a major donation to 2 charities... Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy and March of Dimes.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 PM

I would first quit my job to stay home with my family, then pay off everything we own....wouldn't take much. I would help my parents, my mother in law and if my new mom Janet needed/wanted anything I would take care of her. I would fix it so that my kids would be able to go to whatever college they wanted to when they grew up.

I would add on MY OWN SEWING ROOM TO OUR HOUSE. I wouldn't have to move at all. I would be fine to stay here but would slowly buy up the property around me and bulldoze each house. This way our property would grow larger and larger. I would take a REAL vacation.....! Never been on one of those so I'd probably want to. I would travel in our new travel trailer so DH could drive and I could sew. HA!!

I never gamble so if I were to buy a ticket I would feel very guilty giving to the church but would want to.

Nice to think about what I would do. :)
Old 04-24-2011, 01:45 PM

Mine has graphics (sorry you can't see them).
1. Have plastic surgery to put back all that sags,
2. Let Jose Ebar style my hair in New York,
3. Fly to Europe on the Concord (if it was still working)4. Stay for a month or so
5. Cruise back on the Q E II
6. Buy a Red Jag
7. Put a little $$$$ away (live on a very low SS check now)
8. Give the rest to kids and grandkids
7. Be very grateful & enjoy the rest of my life.
J J
Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 PM

a lawyer !!! then my dream house with a large sewing room!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Personally I would buy a top of the line embroidery machine and a long arm quilting machine. There is not much else I need or want unless it is a larger quilting room built onto the house. All of these things are things I will likely never have but that won't stop me from enjoying my quilting time. I have learned to be content with what I have but it is sometimes nice to dream.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:21 PM

I'd finish my store room into my sewing studio. Hire a housekeeper. Buy houses for my two kids and one adult gr'son. They'd be on their own for taxes and such. Set up college funds for gr'kids that want to go to college. Give 10% to charities. Take a vacation to Hawaii and take all the family who wanted to go.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:29 PM

If it were enough for hubby to retire on I would stick out one more year here for DD to graduate HS. Then I'm heading for warmer ground. We have a motor home and want to spend at least one year touring Ca, Or and Wa then a few other states we haven't had time for. :thumbup:
Old 04-24-2011, 04:35 PM

#1 I would pay off all of my bills. #2 I would buy a top of the line Nolting Pro 30" equipped with IQ. #3 I would buy a SUV that could go past a gas station. #4 I would build a log cabin quilting studio or put a large addition onto my house to serve that purpose. #5 I would buy 1000 yards of Hoffman batiks. #6 I would build a guest cottage. Hmmm I think that would be a good start if I hit a good jackpot, however, I never buy Lottery tickets but I guess I can dream. LOLOLOL
Old 04-24-2011, 04:41 PM

My DH & I have talked about this. If it were a large amount we have dreamed of different things we could do. He said he'd just like a new pick-up & a motor home to travel in. We also would donate to our church & St. Jude's hospital and the American lung association. My DD & I both have asthma. We have 3 grown kids so we would provide for their futures. Pay off our oldest DD's student loans. Then pay off our DD's home and our DS's home. We have 5 grandkids..so trust funds for them. I have seen shows about people who win lotteries and are broke and in debt within a few years. A financial advisor would be a high priority on the list. BUT then who do you trust? Thanks for encouraging me to dream on a sunny Sunday Easter afternoon. crafty_linda_b
Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Bernina 830 with quilting fram and them buy the stuff to add on to my house because I would have too....