Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-29-2016, 11:31 AM

That sounds like a wonderful idea, Carol. I think I would join too.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

I would probably join too, since my Allietare from last year is sitting around in just the basic blocks. I need some motivation to get it put together.

There was an Allietare thread last year that we could subscribe to and just continue... Or a new thread might need to be called Allietare 2017 or something... to differentiate it. The prob with a new thread is that new people will want to join and we aren't allowed to "share" our clues. They would have to buy a pattern.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

Can I post a notice that there are only 36 hours left to sign up for the next Boom swap, Boom 18? If you haven't done one, they are the most fun! You trade 12.5" blocks made with other member's fabric, plus yours, and in the end you have a beautiful sampler quilt. And you have two months to make your blocks! You can make them all the same or all different... try out some blocks without having to make a whole quilt of them. The BH mystery will be over before it starts. If interested, read more here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...284275-49.html
Old 12-29-2016, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I would probably join too, since my Allietare from last year is sitting around in just the basic blocks. I need some motivation to get it put together.

There was an Allietare thread last year that we could subscribe to and just continue... Or a new thread might need to be called Allietare 2017 or something... to differentiate it. The prob with a new thread is that new people will want to join and we aren't allowed to "share" our clues. They would have to buy a pattern.
I just thought of the old thread too and looked it up. It would be helpful to use that one and glean all the wisdom (196 pages worth) from those who did it last year.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:38 PM

I think using the old thread on Allietare is a good idea. I have the top done, but no borders yet.

On another note, I am so anxious to see tomorrow's clue. I have been wondering how the next two colors will be used.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carol in WI View Post
I just thought of the old thread too and looked it up. It would be helpful to use that one and glean all the wisdom (196 pages worth) from those who did it last year.
There are lots of great pictures there, too. I just re-subscribed to the thread.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...71706-195.html

It looks like it stayed active, with the last finished quilt shown by Kassaundra last month!
Old 12-29-2016, 04:12 PM

I'm thinking of buying the pattern for Allietare once I have completely finished this one. I'm thinking of a blue and soft yellow color scheme instead of Bonnie's red and gold. It would be fun to do it as a QB quilt along with whoever wants to.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:51 PM

I think it would be easy to continue using the same thread for the Allietare quilt. That's what people are doing in the Blocks of the Month and Week forum, where new people starting joining in making the Farmer's Wife blocks. The ones that began finished to the last block, while there are stragglers (me included!), and also while others took up the torch. It's fun to see what they do each week, when you've already done the block yourself earlier.

People who are familiar with sewing units don't really need clues for the Allietare quilt. There are tons of pictures of the sewn quilt online-- even on Bonnie's web site. I think it wouldn't be difficult to just figure it out on graph paper, or just count on a picture on the computer screen to know what's needed. I suppose it's handy to buy a pattern and have someone tell you what to do though.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:02 PM

Default Caught Up!

I have been following this thread and watching with envy all of your progress. I had the first two clues done but then didn't touch it again until yesterday. I'm happy to say that I finally caught up. Luckily I am only doing the half size. You also notice that I changed the colors.

I'm ready for tomorrow's clue, although we'll be leaving to visit family tomorrow afternoon through Sunday, so I'll be behind again. LOL
Attached Thumbnails en-provence-mq.jpg  
Old 12-29-2016, 05:49 PM

I love your greens, IrishNY! I'm doing greens too, so I can't wait to see yours finished!

Last edited by NZquilter; 12-29-2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Auto correction (again....)