Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lucymae
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I just got home a bit ago from my wheelchair yoga class. Holy Moly!! I am worn out. It felt so good to move like that (even if just in a chair)! The teacher was wonderful at helping me do some of the moves. I can see how this can help me in the long road though. It can really help with flexibility and endurance. Hopefully as the weeks progress I will end up less sore.

Missy
I did Sittercize? and was exhausted after half the tape...know what you mean. I am doing some oxigenator machine now..have to start slow I am so out of shape.

Keep wheeling!!
Kudos to you for doing your exercise. Don't give up. When you get discouraged, come back on here and read through some posts. That will help keep you motivated. This is not going to be a fast and easy process for any of us. Hand in there. We're all rooting for you! Go Lucy. Go Lucy. Go Lucy. Sandy
Old 01-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by NannySandy
Taco salad for dinner. yummy...
Don't rub it in! LOL!

Where is everybody today?
Carrie, my taco salad was delicious. You should have seen how much lettuce I put on it. It's was a "wheres the beef" taco salad. I had meat on it but it was covered with piles of lettuce. I was trying to fill myself up on the good for me stuff.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM

I had a really rotten day, exercise wise. I went outside and the temperature was under 20 degrees. It literally took my breath away. I started hurting in my chest, so the gym was out for today. I went and got my Pro-Time INR and it was in the high region, sent home to bed rest.

Tomorrow will be a better day, just disappointed.

Ya'll keep on moving. It prevents blood clots.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by nannyh7
Dear God, my prayer for 2011 is for a fat bank account & a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did last year. AMEN.
lol...ditto :D
Old 01-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Taco salad for dinner. yummy...
Don't rub it in! LOL!

Where is everybody today?
Carrie, my taco salad was delicious. You should have seen how much lettuce I put on it. It's was a "wheres the beef" taco salad. I had meat on it but it was covered with piles of lettuce. I was trying to fill myself up on the good for me stuff.
LOL! That's exactly how I like mine.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplemem
I had a really rotten day, exercise wise. I went outside and the temperature was under 20 degrees. It literally took my breath away. I started hurting in my chest, so the gym was out for today. I went and got my Pro-Time INR and it was in the high region, sent home to bed rest.

I am sorry but I don't know what the pro-time INR is but it doesn't sound good, especially if you were told to rest. I hope you get to feeling better.
I know what you mean about the cold air. It was terrible here today and the wind chill made it even worse.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 PM

From the massive blood clots I survived last winter, I was put on warfarin for life. Warfarin is a blood thinner. Because it is a difficult substance to control, blood levels are required weekly. The blood test is called an INR/protime. Everything I eat affects the blood levels. So does exercise and water intake.

If I have a high INR, I have a large chance of internal bleeding. If my INR is too low, I risk another blood clot. It is a fine balance.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Power Poster

From the massive blood clots I survived last winter, I was put on warfarin for life. Warfarin is a blood thinner. Because it is a difficult substance to control, blood levels are required weekly. The blood test is called an INR/protime. Everything I eat affects the blood levels. So does exercise and water intake.

If I have a high INR, I have a large chance of internal bleeding. If my INR is too low, I risk another blood clot. It is a fine balance.
Oh goodness!! That has got to be extremely hard to deal with. I will be praying for you.
Thank you for explaining it to me.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 PM

Oh goodness!! That has got to be extremely hard to deal with. I will be praying for you.
Thank you for explaining it to me.
I survived a "sudden death" embolism and more than 30 blood clots in my lungs. That I am alive today is a miracle from God.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 PM

I am sorry but I don't know what the pro-time INR is but it doesn't sound good, especially if you were told to rest. I hope you get to feeling better.
I know what you mean about the cold air. It was terrible here today and the wind chill made it even worse.
It's used can be to determine how well your blood thinner is working or how well your blood is or isn't clotting.

Oops saw the other posts, after posting this.

Purple, are they watching your diet? I know with my dad he was restricted from eating certain foods and using aspirin.