Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Missy, new research shows that interval training is more effective at fat removal than hard exercise. You walk hard for just one minute then easy for two. It's got to be easier on your knees and feet, too. Thanks for bringing that out of my memory bank. It's easy with the dogs. They don't care how fast or slow I go. They are on long leads with there own agendas.

When that becomes too easy, then do two hard minutes and two easy minutes. You are doing so well. I hope your determination is contagious. We all need to move more - well, maybe not Carol. Not talking about you, Carol. Just admiring your ability to exercise.

I do have a big Schwinn exercise bike in my living room, but I hate it. The scenery never changes and there are no squirrels in the house to make riding exciting.
    Old 05-01-2011, 06:37 PM
    Power Poster

purplemem thanks for the info on free exercise band. I need something like that cause of my feet. Thanks so much. Also Nannysandy thanks for the site with the meter. You are all so helpful.Mary
    Old 05-01-2011, 08:08 PM

lawsonmugs, do you have access to PBS? There is a Sit and Be Fit program aired here 2:30 weekdays that is quite good. It can be done sitting or standing. I am starting again tomorrow. My neurologist wanted me wait until after my MRI results on my back, but I don't see anyone until the 16th. I will be careful about twisting, but I can't live in limbo.
    Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Gosh I have been trying to catch up all evening I came home and there was almost 8 new pages! It is nice to see so many people posting!

I went over to the april thread and saw NannySandy is the winner! Yea Sandy! I sent you a PM and will send your FQ right away!

Ugh... my husband and I always go out for dinner on Sundays and today he wanted to go out for breakfast as well before we went to the Quilt Expo. It is tuff to stay on track when eating out. I usually try to watch what I order and only eat half and bring the other half home for lunch the next day. Well breakfast went fairly well but I picked a steak house for dinner thinking I could make pretty good choices....NOT! My wonderful hubby ordered a blooming onion! They are soooo bad all grease! and the salad dressing was so not light! after you eat healthy for a while you can really taste when things are really fatty or salty. So I need to be extra good tomorrow to make up for today. I made baked cod last night and I think it turned out good, but I'm really not sure about cooking fish. How do you know when it is done without cooking it to death? Does anyone have any good fish tips and recipes to share?
    Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Gosh I have been trying to catch up all evening I came home and there was almost 8 new pages! It is nice to see so many people posting!

I went over to the april thread and saw NannySandy is the winner! Yea Sandy! I sent you a PM and will send your FQ right away!

Ugh... my husband and I always go out for dinner on Sundays and today he wanted to go out for breakfast as well before we went to the Quilt Expo. It is tuff to stay on track when eating out. I usually try to watch what I order and only eat half and bring the other half home for lunch the next day. Well breakfast went fairly well but I picked a steak house for dinner thinking I could make pretty good choices....NOT! My wonderful hubby ordered a blooming onion! They are soooo bad all grease! and the salad dressing was so not light! after you eat healthy for a while you can really taste when things are really fatty or salty. So I need to be extra good tomorrow to make up for today. I made baked cod last night and I think it turned out good, but I'm really not sure about cooking fish. How do you know when it is done without cooking it to death? Does anyone have any good fish tips and recipes to share?
    I love fresh fish. When you stick a fork in it sideways and the meat comes up in flakes, it is done. I like to mix a TBLS. of olive oil with a TBLS. of lemon juice, then I spread it over the fish and bake 10-15 minutes until the meat is done. I usually set my oven on about 350 F. so the fish doesn't get done on the outside faster than on the inside.
    Old 05-01-2011, 09:34 PM

Good directions, but I like lemon and dill on mine. I have a grill pan for fish for the outdoor grill, too. Salmon on the grill is yummy.
    Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 PM

You are doing great Missy. You sound so motivated keep it up and I may catch the vibes from you.
    Hugs Gail
    Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
    Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi all, Haven't been here for quite some time have been out of town and without a computer. Congrats to the winner I will be contacting you for your info.
    Missy even if I'm not on the board to visit I still think of you and pray for you. Don't weaken your sooo close to you goal.
    To all the rest I only lost a half pound this month so next month I will do better with all your help and encouragement. Lets all pull together for each other and together we can be the biggest lossers yet.
    Hugs to all.
    Gail
    Hi Gale, Just wanted to say hello and wish you a great weight loss month! Keep going!

Rose
    Thanks Rose I still have almost 30 pounds to go.
    Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 AM

New girl on the block:

45. gramabiese

Keep up the good work!
    Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 AM

Good morning losers and quilters.

I am down 6.6# since last Monday when I started the 17-day diet. In fairness, I am also doing a colon cleanse; without it my results would be diminished. In reference to a discussion on last month's thread, when I have 'those' issues, I use OxyPowder. $45 for a bottle and is extremely effective.

Have a successful Monday!

Lynne