Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
We have another friend:

46. kim_s

Challenge for today:
What will I do DIFFERENT today to benefit my health? Will I laugh? stay on my lifestyle change? drink more water? give up something? move more?

Tell us what you are doing DIFFERENT today!

Today I am walking 1 mile. MJ
A mile? Yay MJ!!

I am going to drink more water and use the circuit weight machines at the gym today and then walk the treadmill again. My mom is going with me and we are going to work out together and so that is different for me.

Missy
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 AM

A mile, MJ. That is wonderful. I just put in my exercise time working outside. My son is here from Alabama and was doing some outdoor things for me. I told him I couldn't help, but it's hard not to, so I have raked, sweep, hauled stuff around, etc. Now I can start weeding and such, but only for a limited time each day. I will take the dogs for a walk later, but that's not new. I skip cold rain and less than 10 degrees below zero, but other than that it's year round. If I can't walk them, I can't keep them and I need them. One is doctor ordered and one is her companion.

For lunch, I had a yummy fajita salad at a local restraurant so it's a light supper day, but that's okay.

What will I do different today? No snacking after 8:00 pm. It has worked for me in the past. It will work again. I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Another difference for my health?? Lots of hugs. The child that just here is my youngest and the only boy. He has a hard leaving when we know we won't see each other for at least a month. He took his nephew's quilt and will drop it off as he goes south tomorrow and save me $40 in gas. Yeah, now I can buy more fabric with the gas money.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
A mile, MJ. That is wonderful. I just put in my exercise time working outside. My son is here from Alabama and was doing some outdoor things for me. I told him I couldn't help, but it's hard not to, so I have raked, sweep, hauled stuff around, etc. Now I can start weeding and such, but only for a limited time each day. I will take the dogs for a walk later, but that's not new. I skip cold rain and less than 10 degrees below zero, but other than that it's year round. If I can't walk them, I can't keep them and I need them. One is doctor ordered and one is her companion.

For lunch, I had a yummy fajita salad at a local restraurant so it's a light supper day, but that's okay.

What will I do different today? No snacking after 8:00 pm. It has worked for me in the past. It will work again. I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Another difference for my health?? Lots of hugs. The child that just here is my youngest and the only boy. He has a hard leaving when we know we won't see each other for at least a month. He took his nephew's quilt and will drop it off as he goes south tomorrow and save me $40 in gas. Yeah, now I can buy more fabric with the gas money.
You are doing so great! I am so proud of you!

Missy
Old 05-02-2011, 12:46 PM

what a nice thread we have going. health changes, water, walking. wow, i am impressed. so i will go do something.....i'm not cooking tonite. canned salmon and tomatoes for supper. papa will have to find his favorite cans..... xoxo

i like the hugs.....I'll hug papa more tonite. make him wonder what i'm up tooo :lol: :lol:
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewNso
what a nice thread we have going. health changes, water, walking. wow, i am impressed. so i will go do something.....i'm not cooking tonite. canned salmon and tomatoes for supper. papa will have to find his favorite cans..... xoxo

i like the hugs.....I'll hug papa more tonite. make him wonder what i'm up tooo :lol: :lol:
Funny!! Think I'll make my hubby a nice supper and hug him too. It'll keep him wondering all night.lol Think I'll have lettuce wraps.with tuna salad in 1 or 2 and egg salad in 1 or 2. maybe some leftover bok choy and stewed tomatoes. You ladies are very inspirational thanks. Mary
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Missy, This is only my second month on this thread so I missed what your surgery is for. What is it for? Good luck, I know you'll make your goal before your surgery is scheduled.

Welcome all newbies. This is such a supportive thread.

What I'm doing different is drinking water.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:47 PM

My 'different' thing today was a bike ride. Now my rear end is sore!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

This looks like fun but I'm too late. Maybe next month!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by colleensangel
This looks like fun but I am too late. Maybe next month!
You have till May 3rd to sign on to be able to get a fat quarter if you win. Read page 1. Mary
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Hi,I would like to join.I need to lost 50 lbs.As I gained 15 lbs in the last 2 months. {been eating desert,which I never do} And started out 3 1/2 yrs ago at 250lbs. Was 160lbs 2 mo. ago.Now am 175 this mornig.15 lbs up.So,time to do something. And a fat quarter is a good price to pay for support and encouragement.