Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks >

I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks

I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks

Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by nanneeq
Where in Delaware?? Am in Newark. Not the neatest person,but maybe I can help. 302 286 7684 Betty
please remember that anything you post on this board can
be seen by anyone on the internet. use the PM feature to
give any personal information. be safe.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:50 PM

OMGosh- I love the quilt in the last picture- and , you know what i think?? My ten cents worth. For some reason, it is always more fun organizing another persons mess than our own. Lets see- we could have a lottery- and we each pick a name out of a basket and then go clean and organize that persons sewing room. Hehehe-- Point is- the only totally neat and tidy ( all the time ) sewing room - is a sewing room that isn't being used. Just enjoy it girlfriend!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
mine looks a lot worse than that most of the time. :lol:
Mine also! If you organize it you'll be searching for things forever....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Right now, worry about getting well. Fretting over something can keep the body from healing as well as it should.
If your Mother says anything, sweetly thank her for her advice and say that you will heal yourself first, then deal with the sewing room. She will understand. :)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by pjemark
OMGosh- I love the quilt in the last picture- and , you know what i think?? My ten cents worth. For some reason, it is always more fun organizing another persons mess than our own. Lets see- we could have a lottery- and we each pick a name out of a basket and then go clean and organize that persons sewing room. Hehehe-- Point is- the only totally neat and tidy ( all the time ) sewing room - is a sewing room that isn't being used. Just enjoy it girlfriend!
where u at near Peoria? I may have to take you up on that!!hehehe ;)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
Originally Posted by pjemark
OMGosh- I love the quilt in the last picture- and , you know what i think?? My ten cents worth. For some reason, it is always more fun organizing another persons mess than our onize that persons sewing room. Hehehe-- Point is- the only totally neat and tidy ( all the time ) sewing room - is a sewing room that isn't being used. Just enjoy it girlfriend!
where u at near Peoria? I may have to take you up on that!!hehehe ;)
Haha- I am 2 hours from you- in a little town I bet you've never heard of . Dallas City , Illinois. OMGosh- I had so much fun a couple months ago. I went on a bus shop hop and we went to shops up around pekin and peoria. It was great. Anyways- hi there and nice to meet you!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Sunday is my 4 month anniversary of having a total knee replacement. The first 3 months I was in excruciating pain and on strong pain meds, therefore not even caring about much.

Hubby brings home a wonderful new shelving unit so I can see what fabrics I have...the pressure is on to start organizing my fabric...which leads to moving furniture from one room to another to better utilize my room...creating more mess. Right now I have the contents of a bookshelf on the floor. I have been folding fat quarters and stacking into neat piles.

BUT, I only do what I feel up to doing and I do as much as I can on my bed so I can have my knee elevated and iced...worried now about getting down on the floor to organize and purge what was on the shelf. LOL

Remember KNEE is FIRST! Take your your time!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Don't be ashamed. Most of us have sewing rooms that look just as bad or worse. And the ones who don't must be OC or something.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Honey, you have NOTHING to be ashamed of! Mine looks three times that bad, as does the entire rest of my house... The only way to fix it would be to burn the house down, but I'd hate to lose everything in it! I need a dumpster!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM

We're supposed to be neat as well as creative?
That must have been in the fine print.