Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!
LOL!!! Take your own advice! Love it!! Virg
Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 AM

I try to post very positive respones to the board and I have had them deleted. So big deal.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:28 AM
JS

This is the one place where you can post the good with the bad. We as a group consider ourselves a family...a family of quilters. As with any family we experience members who at any given time may be going through a very happy time and want to share it with us or maybe a sad or dissapointing experience. We teach, we give advise we do all the things the term "family "constitutes. Along the way we have had members post something they felt they had to vent about and we have given our own thoughts or advise. We are each individuals and yet a part of "one". I have seen such an outpour of love and concern here.Then I have seen as in this thread some individuals who for whatever reason stray from this path with their remarks. Perhaps this question is very important and needed to be shared today by this fellow quilter or family member. Perhaps it is a "not so good a time" for her at the moment and this is how she expressed and released it. Yes. this part of the board is used for sharing and advice regarding our passion for quilting but we also see other avenues delivered here from our members from time to time. Before you take a stand and find a negative reason to make a remark about this one thread this member posted let's stop and see what is really being said by this family member and see how we can show her or him we are there and we are listening and guess what... tomorrow may just be better.In any case we are all thinking of you and we move on. To some the glass is half full...to others it is half empty at any given time in this game called "LIFE". If this one thread upsets you or causes you to remind us it is not a quilting question etc. before you react by posting a negative remark back just skip it and go to the next. The rest of us as in the past will post something to make us laugh because of it's content or react in a positive way to help this member feel better and return to her quilting. No better way to continue on when things are "not so good" at the moment.As always my family member of quilters stay safe.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:30 AM

I think we 'see' what we are looking for. I find the board to be very supportive and uplifting. Don't we all have a burr under our saddle at times and have to vent?

Overall this is a very positive forum IMHO!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM

Enough's enough........
after this reply is sent, when I get another response to this thread, I will just delete it without opening and phoff........it's gone

on to another thread, there are plenty to choose from........

good, bad and indifferent.......it's your choice !!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

I like the way you talk.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

It is discouraging when some one tends to make negative or corrective comments about something you have posted. If I don't care for something, I don't say anything. If someone has made a mistake in some information they have given, I just suggest the writer go to a thread where they can obtain their own information. It is not necessary to tear each other down. We are supposed to be family and therefore supportive of each other. Unfortunately, some people have to be correct about everything. This makes them "look good". Also there are many people who are unhappy and as the saying goes, "Misery loves company". One expression I read a long time ago was from the old "Ann Landers column". She said, "You cannot sling mud without getting some on yourself". And, I love that expression.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 AM

{ I would like, at least once, to log into this board, and find someone singing someone's praises--the employee at JoAnn's who helped you find just the right shade of blue, the clerk at WalMart who told you when the next shipment of cantalopes would be in, the owner of the LQS who spent time coordinating your fabrics for a baby quilt.

Instead, there seems to be this constant need to complain about husband, boyfriend, mother, daughter, the clerk at JoAnn's or WalMart or at the LQS and there seems also to be a constant need to be right/correct about every definition of every quilting term no matter whether there is a widely accepted defintion.

Could we all just get over it and try to be happier about having the means and the opportunity to be creative? froggyintexas[/quote]

You are right, although I do see some happy posts. And we don't need to make a huge issue of it when someone likes or dislikes the opposite of our choices. Altogether a great place to visit but the tone could be lighter sometimes. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 AM

I've been working on not being negative and seeing the sunlight of each day I am given. We DO have so much to be thankful for in this wonderful land. I can tend to negativity which I see can infect my family too, so I appreciate the reminder this early in the morning to be the opposite. Thank you!!

That being said, I think we all just have normal frustrations at times and need the help/encouragement/advice of others, and I also enjoy giving that to others too.

We are all a blend of positive and negative.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:49 AM

I have a great DH. He take terrific care of me. I cannot do a lot of things I used to be able to do, and he has picked up the slack. I love this board. Learn so much, make new friends, and find some great buys. My children and grand children are terrific. They are coping well with this economy. Today there's a birthday party for the youngest, she's 1, and all the kids will be there. It will be great to see them all. It's rainy and that's good for the yards at the end of summer. The weather is cooler which is better for me. I love God and He loves me. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and my brother. Life is great.