Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 03-11-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Oh my god moon that place is HUGE!!!!!!! I think I could get lost for days there I love every minute of it.

Janice " I'm firmly in the box. With the lid on. Tied with string so I cannot get out... thats too funny you crack me up

My current favorite traditional block is dresden plate I may be making a few of those this round I do like doing appliqué I can always get an exact block. but I also have some neat ideas for more modern blocks especially for Anna's fabric.
I have a plan for the beginnings of a Dresden plate, but it isn't going to end as a Dresden plate ............... spoilers!!! lol lol lol
Old 03-11-2016, 05:51 PM

I love to paper piece so I may do something along those lines. Who knows gotta see the fabric!!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I tried a difficult for me block last time for Joan, the block did not like me and I had a terrible time with it. Finally finished it and posted a picture and lo and behold one section was still going the wrong way. In my book I wrote never next to the block. Live and learn
Ok, Ladies, you are not building up my confidence in my ability to succeed on my first BOOMERANG!
Old 03-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Ok, Ladies, you are not building up my confidence in my ability to succeed on my first BOOMERANG!
I thought I was the only newbie, glad I'm not alone. I'm just worried I will mess up and not have enough fabric, lol
Old 03-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Newbies newbies... take a breath ... all that is asked of you is to give it your best effort, measure measure measure to be sure the block is 12.5 x 12.5 unfinished, do your best to honor any special requests and to have fun.

Most of us would cherish a well made churn dash or other basic block than a wonky out of shape under sized 100 piece mess.

As someone suggested earlier, if you haven't made a specific block before, try it on some of your own fabrics to see how it works out before you use a swap piece.

There's no shame in asking for help or suggestions either. We just talk smack
Old 03-11-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by katsdar View Post
I thought I was the only newbie, glad I'm not alone. I'm just worried I will mess up and not have enough fabric, lol
Amen Sister. I think that every time I look at the fabrics!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Amen Sister. I think that every time I look at the fabrics!
It has happened to me before and I had to ask for more fabric. Fortunately there was just enough for me, a 4 1/2 inch piece. Also others have asked the list if anyone had some left to help them out and I was able to send them some of what I did not use. We are all in this together.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Thanks
Old 03-11-2016, 09:51 PM

I have some great news!! ok I sent way too much fabric, F8's instead of F4's what was I thinking and our lovely Swap Mistress asked if I would l like her to cut it down, so now you all will get the same fabric the blue/green squares which is what I wanted everyone to have but thought I didn't have enough sent two different types, well I'm really happy. Thanks for cutting if for me.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by katsdar View Post

Hey, Guys...just relax and try to enjoy the process. I try to add at least 2 or more of my own fabrics to the main piece when I make a block, keeping in mind the owner's preferences. That way, I'm pretty sure the main piece will be enough. Don't sweat a really complicated block. And remember, there are no quilt police here, just chatty friends. You can always ask for suggestions or help at any time. When I chose a new block to do, I do a mock-up with some of my fabrics before cutting into someone else's 18" x 11" piece. Gives me a little more confidence that way, knowing for sure that it will be the correct 12 1/2" size and I will have enough of their focus fabric.

Last edited by Libster; 03-12-2016 at 02:01 AM.